1pk shorcrust pastry
200ml double cream
160g grated cheese
Salt to taste
Small handful of sweetcorn
1 small piece of boneless chicken
Crushed garlic & ginger
1. Dice the chicken really small and fry off with garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt. Once cooked leave to fully cool down.
2. In a measuring jug whisk the eggs. Then add cream, black pepper, salt, cheese, sweetcorn and chopped coriander to the eggs. Mix well and leave in fridge. Add the chicken once it has cooled.
3. Roll ur shorcrust pastry 1cm thick place it in ur removal base quiche tray. Leave the base with the quiche mix in fridge till ur ready for cooking
4. When read to cook pour egg mixture into your base and put in the oven for 45-60 min on gas mark 5.
Love From Foodie Aiysha Haji
1 chicken (eight pieces)
Two large handfuls of pre fried onions
Half a tub of yogurt
Whole cinnamon, cumin, cloves, peppercorns, cardamon
Crushed garlic and ginger
Crushed green chillies
Red chilli powder
1. Marinate chicken overnight in the above ingredients.
2. When ready to cook, boil rice so not too soft.
3. Layer the bottom of a cooking pot with bit of the rice then add the marinated chicken.
4. Fry some potatoes and boil some eggs. Slice the eggs and scatter it on top of chicken.
5. Then add the remaining rice.
6. Sprinkle some water mixed with saffron for colour and taste onto the rice. As well as spoon over several generous blobs of ghee on top.
7. Cover lid with foil and place the pot on the cooker on a high heat until rice is steaming.
8. Then place a crepe or roti pan on the heat and place the pot on top and cook on low heat for atleast an hour.
Serve with Biryani trimmings of yogurt chaas (drink) , poppadoms (both types), mango pickle, marinated carrot, raita and salad.
Love from Foodie Maryam Kika
Crushed green chillies
Crushed ginger and garlic
East End peri peri sauce
1. Braise the onions in butter till softened.
2. Then add the chicken, vegetables, chillies, ginger, garlic and cook till chicken is cooked and veggies soft.
3. Add the sauces, salt and pepper to taste. Mix till well incorporated.
4. Cook in puff pastry or shortcrust pastry in a preheated oven till cooked.
Chicken breast sliced thin
Garlic (more than ginger)
Peri peri powder
Crushed green chillies or chilli flakes
BBQ Spice powder
Nandos Hot Piri Piri sauce
1. Combine the above ingredients together minus the oil and leave the chicken steak to marinate in it overnight.
2. Brush the steaks with oil and cook on a griddle pan till cooked though.
Serve in a burger bun with salad and homemade chips on the side.
Love from Foodie Hannah Chotia
1 whole chicken
4 small onions (sliced)
2 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
3 pieces fresh garlic (finely chopped)
5 whole cardamon pods
6 whole peppercorns
6 whole cloves
4 small pieces of cinnamon
1tspn garam masala
1 tspn green chilli
3/4 tbspn ginger
1/2 tspn crushed garlic
salt to taste
1/4 tspn black pepper
10ml crushed coriander and cumin
Pinch of whole cumin
1/2 packed butter
1. Wash the chicken and add to a pot with the two sliced onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic, chillies, whole and crushed spices.
2. Then add water according to the rice and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, drain and keep the liquid as stock for later. Set aside the chicken also and throw away the spices.
4. Then browm two small onions in butter till burnt, add the chicken pieces and stir fry for a few minutes.
5. After this add the liquid stock bring to a boil and add washed rice. Lower the heat and after five minutes stir through so chicken and rice are mixed evenly. Then leave to cook till water completely evaporated and cooked through.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka:
1 1/2 lb boneless chicken
1/2 chopped tomato tin
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 tsp whole cumin
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander & cumin powder
1 1/2 tsp crushed garlic and ginger
1 1/2 tsp tandoori powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp tumeric
1 1/2 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp dry fenugreen (methi) leaves
Black pepper (pinch)
Method of Chicken Tikka:
1. Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients apart from the onions, fenugreen and whole cumin seeds.
2. Fry the onions in oil till golden brown. Then add the cumin seeds fenugreen leaves and let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the marinated chicken 1/4 cup water to the onions. Mix well and cook on medium heat till water evaporates and oil bubbles appear at the top. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with the Chilli Ketchup Onions (below) and chappattis, rice, home made pitta bread or poppadoms.
Ingredients of Chilli Ketchup Onions:
1 large onion (diced or sliced)
5 -6 tbsp ketchup (more if needed)
1/4 tsp red chilies
1 tsp lemon juice
A pinch of salf
A pinch of red chilli flakes
Method of Chilli Onion Ketchup:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and serve with the Chicken Tikka.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji
3 tbsp butter or margarine
1/2 onion chopped
2 tbsp of white flour
1 piece breast chicken
1 medium potato chopped
1 cup frozen vegetable
3 tbsp Bisto chicken powder
1. Layer a casserole or pie dish with puff pastry.
2. In a pot melt the butter or margarine and add the chopped opinion. Braise till soft and then lower the heat.
3. Then add the white flour and mix so it blends together with the onions. Don’t let it stick.
4. Add the breast chicken and half a cup of water. Let it cook for 5 minutes
5. Add the potatoes and stir often to avoid sticking.
6. Add the frozen vegetables and let it cook a few minutes.
7. Now add the chicken powder to a cup of water separately. Stir until dissolved and add it to the pie mixture as gravy.
8. Then add 1/2 cup water and mix constantly until it thickens into a dark brown mixture. Pour it onto the layer of puff pastry.
9. Roll out another layer of puff pastry to place on top of the mixture. Pinch the edges closed. Place into a preheated oven of 375 F. Bake for 40- 50 minutes.
Love from Foodie Sahina Bhayat
Red onion sliced
Chicken breast cut into strips
Salt to taste
Crushed Green chillies
1. Scatter your new potatoes and cherry tomatoes in a casserole dish. Sprinkle over some dry herbs.
2. Saute mushrooms andred onion slices in garlic butter and scatter on top of potatoes.
3. In a pan, fry the chicken strips in a little bit of garlic and salt till they turn white. Scatter on top of the onions and cherry tomatoes.
4. In a separate bowl make a cream sauce by mixing together single cream, a little bit of green chillies and black pepper. Pour over the chicken.
5. Sprinkle grated Mozerella cheese and bake in the oven till brown.
Love from Foodie Amina Batan
2 chicken breasts cubed
3 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp crushed garlic
Southern fried chicken coating
1. Mix together all the above ingredients minus the southern fried chicken powder.
2. Roll the yogurt-coated chicken pieces in Southern fried chicken powder.
3. Fry in hot oil till chicken is cooked.
Love from Foodie Shereen Bham
(makes 40 medium to small size burger)
2 1/2 lb chicken mince
2 1/2 tsp garlic ginger
2 1/2 tsp green chillies
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
3/4 mug breadcrumbs (fresh bread blended till crumbs)
4 onions finely diced and juice squeezed out
3/4 bunch of fresh coriander
1. Blend together all the above ingredients.
2. Shape the mixture to form shapes.
3. Shallow fry in a little oil.
Serve with homemade chips.
Love from Foodie Safiya Bangee