Crushed green chillies
Crushed ginger and garlic
East End peri peri sauce
1. Braise the onions in butter till softened.
2. Then add the chicken, vegetables, chillies, ginger, garlic and cook till chicken is cooked and veggies soft.
3. Add the sauces, salt and pepper to taste. Mix till well incorporated.
4. Cook in puff pastry or shortcrust pastry in a preheated oven till cooked.
1 piece chicken breast
1 tsp crushed ginger and garlic
Pinch of cumin powder
Green pepper (diced)
Potatoes (cubed & par boiled)
1/2 pint Bisto gravy
1. Cut chicken breast in small chunks, and cook in oil.
2. Add the spices, green chillies and ginger & garlic then the vegetables. Combine and leave to cook.
3. Once cooked leave the mixture to cool. Meanwhile make the gravy and leave to cool.
4. Then place a layer of pastry in an oven-proof dish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Add the pie mixture, pour the gravy on top, add the remaining cheese the seal with pastry.
5. Bake in a preheated oven till the pastry has turned brown.
Serve with homemade mash potatoe, beans, sweetcorn and any other steamed vegetables of your choice.
Love from Foodie Amina Batan
400g Salmon fillets (approx 2)
White cheese sauce
1. Clean and season the salmon fillets with herbs, salt and black pepper.
2. Shallow fry the salmon lightly on both sides till cooked. Leave to cook and then flake it into little pieces.
2. Boil the peeled potatoes and create a mash.
3. Boil the broccoli in salty water. Place the salmon and broccoli into a oven proof dish and cover with white cheese sauce. Add a little chopped parsley to the sauce.
4. Cover it all with the mash and sprinkle cheese over the top. Then sprinkle fresh breadcrumbs to cover the mash.
5. Cook in a preheated oven for 1/2 hour until it turns golden brown.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan