1 pineapple cut into small pieces
1 green pepper cut into julienne strips
1 red pepper cut into julienne strips
Carrots cut into julienne strips
1 onion sliced
Cucumber sliced (optional)
Ingredients: (Salad dressing)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar (less if you like)
1 tsp ground pepper
Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. For the sauce whisk together the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
3. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Toss in the chopped pineapples, peppers, onions and carrots or serve separately. Finally garnish with fresh coriander.
2 bowls (cereal bowls) of white all purpose flour
2 1/2 tbsp fast rising dry yeast
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup oil
Very hot water
1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Then add the oil and enough water to knead into a dough which is softer than roti dough.
3. Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with a dish cloth and then put a pizza plate on top. Set aside in a warm part of the kitchen for 2 hours before rolling out into pizza bases.
Love from Foodie Shahena Bhayat
Chicken breast cut into small chunks (about 500g)
1 tbsp tandoori masala
1 heaped tbsp yogurt
2-3 tbsp tomatoe puree
1 tbsp cumin powder
splash of milk or cream
1. Marinate the chicken in all the ingredients apart from the tomato puree.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the tomatoe puree for a minute or so till it starts to darken.
3. Then add the chicken mixture and let it cook till the chicken is cooked. Add the milk or cream and let it cook for a further minute.
4. Meanwhile fry some fries and layer at the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over salt and slather in mayo and chilli sauce of choice (I use Franks or Crystal Sauce).
5. Pour the chicken evenly over the fries and sprinkle over grated mozerella and cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven till cheese melts.
Note: this is a great way to use up leftover chicken tikka or any chicken masala curry.
Red onion x2
Salt & Pepper
1. Thinly slice the mangoes and vegetables above and mix together
2. Make a dressing with some mango pulp with salt and pepper to taste.
Love From Foodie Safiyah Bangee
Onions (thinly chopped)
Red onions (thinly chopped)
Blue Dragon Sweet chilli sauce
Lime juice (optional)
Whole red chilli (deseeded & thinly sliced) (optional)
Whole mustard seeds (optional)
1. Peel, boil and slice the potatoes.
2. Add all the ingredients above and mix together. Leave to chill in fridge.
Love from Foodie Amina Daya
Green peppers (cubed)
Tamarind (amli) sauce
1. Slice and prepare your potatoes into fries shapes with the skins.
2. Fry the chips and garnish with the onions, peppers and drizzle the sauce.
Love from Foodie Amina Batan
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Shred the cabbage, thinly slice the onion and grate the carrot. Mix together.
2. Add a good glug of double cream. Then add salt & pepper to taste and a sprinkle of sugar.
Note: Prepare the day before for a better taste!
Love from Foodie Shereen Bham