8oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Ice cream essence
1. Cream together sugar and butter till well combined.
2. Then gradually add eggs and mix. Then the sifted flour, essences and baking powder.
3. Pour mixture into a cake tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 20 to 40 minutes depending on the cake tin.
3. Once cool decorate with seedless jam and desiccated coconut.
Note: try weighing your eggs if they’re large or too small to get a well balanced mixture.
Love from Foodie Safiya Bangee
500g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of cardamon powder
2 tbsp cocoa
1. Mix butter and sugar until light and creamy.
2. Add beaten eggs, little by little, continuously mixing it.
3. Add remaining dry ingredients an until mix until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 20 mins. Don’t open the door before then!
5. Check the cake is cooking using ‘clean knife’ method and once cooked leave to cool. Decorate as you wish.
Note: If you wish to make a large cake, leave in oven for 40 minuted and then check.
Love from Foodie Mariam Kika
Any type of cake
1. Crumble any type of cake, add whipped cream on top, then chocolate sauce and some flake.
2. Repeat another layer (or two) of all ingredients in 1.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan