1/4 bottle Nandos mango and lime sauce
1 tbspn malaysian curry paste (galangal chillies one) or any red chilli/curry paste
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp Siracha sauce/powder
Sprinkle of Lime powder
Sea salt and lemon pepper to taste
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Coconut oil (smoothed)
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1. Mix together the marinade and slather over the meat.
2. Place on oiled baking dish/tray and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
3. [For the vegetable side dish, par boil potatoes and carrots, slice big green chillies and mango slices. Then make a sauce with butter, ketchup, nandos sauce, a sprinkle of sugar, 1/2 tsp malaysian curry paste, salt and chilli flakes. Toss the veggies in it, being careful not to mush mangoes.]
3. Place the veggies around it or roast potatoes and cook on medium heat for forty five mins. Serve with rice, cous cous or rotis.
1pk shorcrust pastry
200ml double cream
160g grated cheese
Salt to taste
Small handful of sweetcorn
1 small piece of boneless chicken
Crushed garlic & ginger
1. Dice the chicken really small and fry off with garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt. Once cooked leave to fully cool down.
2. In a measuring jug whisk the eggs. Then add cream, black pepper, salt, cheese, sweetcorn and chopped coriander to the eggs. Mix well and leave in fridge. Add the chicken once it has cooled.
3. Roll ur shorcrust pastry 1cm thick place it in ur removal base quiche tray. Leave the base with the quiche mix in fridge till ur ready for cooking
4. When read to cook pour egg mixture into your base and put in the oven for 45-60 min on gas mark 5.
Love From Foodie Aiysha Haji
Tin of Tip Top Creamy Milk
1. Slice the strawberries and toss in sugar. Then add a bit of cocoa powder.
2. Then add the creamy milk tin. Mix together.
3. Roll and cut the pastry into the shape of the cake tin for the pastry lids. Prick it all over so that it does not puff so much.
4. Cut thin slices of pastry from the leftover pastry and layer these slices in a lattice pattern at the bottom of the cake tin. Brush with milk.
4. Sprinkle some sugar on top of the lattice pastry strips and some melted butter.
5. Spoon on to it the strawberries. Then place the pastry lids on top and tuck into the edges and pinching it to join onto the pastry strips.
6. Brush the pastry with milk. Bake in a preheated oven till brown.
Serve hot with clotted cream and cinnamon powder.
Love from Foodie Hajra Bhayat
8oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Ice cream essence
1. Cream together sugar and butter till well combined.
2. Then gradually add eggs and mix. Then the sifted flour, essences and baking powder.
3. Pour mixture into a cake tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 20 to 40 minutes depending on the cake tin.
3. Once cool decorate with seedless jam and desiccated coconut.
Note: try weighing your eggs if they’re large or too small to get a well balanced mixture.
Love from Foodie Safiya Bangee
6oz caster sugar
1 packet butter
8 heapful tbsp golden syrup
Slab of chocolate
Chocolate chips, raisins, sultanas, cherries (optional)
1. Melt butter and golden syrup together in a pan.
2. In a seperate bowl mix together oats and sugar.
3. Then pour the melted butter syrup into the oats. Mix it together so well combined.
4. Spoon and pat down flat into a greased baking tin. Place in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes at gas mark 4.
5. Once out the oven let the flapjacks cool for 30 minutes or so. Then spread melted chocolate on top.
Note: If using an electric oven less time will be needed to bake.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
(makes one medium sized dish)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion (sliced)
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 pepper (cut finely)
1/2 courgette (cut finely)
1 carrot (cut finely)
Chicken breast (cubed)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp tandoori masala
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 jar ready pasta sauce
Salt to taste
50g single or double cream
1 jar white sauce/homemade
Mozerella & cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oil in a pot and add the onions till they soften and turn brown at the edges.
2. Then add the garlic and let it fry for a few seconds.
3. Par boil the carrots separately and then add with the rest of the vegetables to the onions. Cook until soft.
4. Now add the chicken, black pepper, tandoori masala, salt and chilli powder and mix together. Ler the chicken cook till it starts to release water.
5. Then add the jar of pasta sauce and a little more oil if needed. Let the mixture cook on medium heat till oil bubbles appear at the top.
6. Taste and adjust salt and chilli powder accordingly. Lower the heat and then add the cream; mixing till fully incorporated. Cook for a few minutes on medium heat and then switch off the heat completely.
7. Grease an oven proof casserole dish and put a layer of lasagna at the bottom. Then some white sauce, mixed grated cheese and butter chicken filling.
8. Repeat twice more in the order of lasagna white sauce, sprinkled grated cheese and chicken filling. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes at gas mark 5 till lasagna is cooked and brown at the top.
Serve with a crunchy ceaser salad.
Red onion sliced
Chicken breast cut into strips
Salt to taste
Crushed Green chillies
1. Scatter your new potatoes and cherry tomatoes in a casserole dish. Sprinkle over some dry herbs.
2. Saute mushrooms andred onion slices in garlic butter and scatter on top of potatoes.
3. In a pan, fry the chicken strips in a little bit of garlic and salt till they turn white. Scatter on top of the onions and cherry tomatoes.
4. In a separate bowl make a cream sauce by mixing together single cream, a little bit of green chillies and black pepper. Pour over the chicken.
5. Sprinkle grated Mozerella cheese and bake in the oven till brown.
Love from Foodie Amina Batan
Ingredients for chicken:
1 chicken cut into 6-8 pieces
1 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp chilli powder
Splash of vinegar
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 heaped tsp tomato puree
Method for chicken:
1. Marinate the chicken in the above ingredients for at least one hour
2. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, cover with foil and roast in a preheated oven for 50 minutes at 180°. Turn the chicken half way through roasting.
3. When chicken is cooked coat it in the sauce.
Ingredients for sauce:
2 tblsp Oil
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp ground cumin
Chilli powder (optional)
Salt to taste
Method for sauce:
1. Heat the oil. Then add the rest of the ingredient and stir continuously. The sauce is cooked once it thickens and the colour darkens slightly.
2. Place roasted chicken pieces in the sauce and ensure that they are fully coated.
Love from Foodie Yusairah Batan
1 baby chicken (cut know pieces)
1 tbsp crushed ginger & garlic
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 cube green chutney (combo of green chillies and fresh coriander)
2 tbsp peri peri sauce
1. Marinate the chicken in the above ingredients overnight or for atleast 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place marinated chicken on a greased baking tray. Be sure to leave some of the marinade mixture for later.
2. Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins. Then turn the chicken pieces over and brush some of the marinade onto each piece. Cook for a further 30-35 minutes till chicken is cooked through.
Serve with spiced wedges, boiled vegetables and sweet chilli sauce.
Love from Foodie Fatema Hansrod
1.5 kg lamb ribs
80 ml orange juice
15 ml soy sauce
30 ml honey
60 ml tomato sauce
15 ml oil
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. 2. Cut the ribs into smaller pieces. Marinate the ribs in all the ingredients for at least 30 mins preferably overnight.
3. Spoon the ribs and marinade into a large roasting tin and cover with foil. Bake for about 30 minutes.
4. Then remove the foil and bake until the ribs are done and sticky. Be sure to turn the ribs so they brown evenly and baste occasionally with marinade. Serve with chips/mash potatoes.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan