6-7 mini croissants/3-4 large croissants
1 mug milky hot chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Chocolate chips/white chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till it starts to turn golden and thick.
2. Meanwhile make the hot chocolate using only milk. As well as tear and place the croissants in a buttered oven-proof dish.
3. Once the caramel is formed from the sugar and water combination, take it off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute. Then add the hot chocolate whilst whisking continuously (expect it to act crazily).
4. Then place the pan back onto low heat and add the cream. Keep whisking till there are no more lumps.
5. Take the mixture and place into a bowl or dish and let it cool till its room temperature.
6. Then whisk in the two eggs till fully incorporated. Pour this caramel custard over the croissants evenly, trying to soak all the croissants. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.
7. Bake the pudding in a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or or custard or slathered in maple syrup.
2 pints milk
150ml single cream
2oz Tapioca seeds
Few tbspn broken vermicelli
Few tbspn condensed milk (optional)
Sugar to taste
1. Boil milk, cream, seeds and vermicelli together; constantly stirring until it comes to a boil.
2. Then leave on low to simmer till it becomes of a creamy texture then sdd condensed milk.
3. Now leave to chill and then mix in the cardamon powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Love From Foodie Afifa Batan
Any fruit jelly packet of your choice
Fruit of choice
Double cream (whipped a little) OR one packet of dream topping
1. Make and set the jelly in a large dish as per instructions on the packet.
2. Once set slice the jelly vertically and horizontally into small cubes.
3. Throw these jelly cubes into a large seerving bowl. Add the whipped cream or dream topping.
3. Then add the relevant fruit such as strawberry if you made strawberry jelly or tinned pineapples if you made a pineapple jelly or mandarin slices if you made an orange jelly. Mix it up however way you like it.
4. Give it a good mix and place in the fridge overnight so it’s very very cold when serving.
Note: If using tinned fruit add a bit of the water from the fruit to the cream and jelly for an extra punch.
Love from Foodie Khuzzy B
1. Crush the biscuits and combine with melted butter. Pat into bottom of a brownie tray or oven proof dish.
2. Dollop Nutella over the biscuit base and spread to firm a layer.
3. Melt some peanut butter in the microwave and spread this over the Nutella.
4. Pour Condensed milk over the peanut butter and sprinkle the chocolate. Then cook the stack in a preheated oven at 180 degrees till the condensed milk turns brown.
Note: If you aren’t a fan of peanut butter, replace it with hazelnuts or any crunchy crushed nuts.
Love from Foodie Yusairah Batan
1 packet nice biscuits
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon(optional)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon gelatine
375g smooth cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup castor sugar
60g white chocolate (melted)
60g milk chocolate (melted)
60g dark chocolate (melted)
Fresh cream (whipped)
1. Crush biscuits until fine,add melted butter and mix till combined. Press onto the base of a spring form tin. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Put the gelatine and water in a glass bowl stir over a saucepan of simmering water until dissolved,
3. Whisk cream cheese until smooth, add milk, sugar and the gelatine. Melt the chocolates.
4. Divide the cheese mixture into three parts add 1/3 to the melted chocolates. Divide the whipped cream into three parts and add to the chocolate mixtures. Make sure to whisk each one properly.
5. Spread the white chocolate mixture onto the biscuits and leave in the fridge for about 5 minutes until set. Cover carefully with milk chocolate mixture then let it set. Finally carefully layer the dark chocolate mixture on top. Refrigerate for few hours or until firm.
Decorate with whipped cream rosettes and grated chocolate.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
1 1/2 packets nice biscuits
250g smooth cream cheese
1 can condensed milk
1 fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 teaspoons gelatine
1 cup water
1 tub fresh cream (whipped)
1. Crush the biscuits until fine.
Add melted butter and mix until combined. Press firmly onto base of a spring form tin. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Combine the cream cheese condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Whisk until smooth.
3. In a glass bowl put the gelatine with water and stir over simmering water until dissolved. Add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
6. Add the whipped cream and pour over the biscuit, chill for a few hours.
Decorate as you wish with a jelly of your choice; or pour melted chocolate, spread and decorate further with chocolates.
Passionfruit and Vanilla Cheesecake
Strawberry Jelly and Vanilla Cheesecake
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
1 cup china grass
2 cups water
2 packets Angel Delight
Fresh fruit/tin fruit
1. Boil the china grass in water.
2. Make the Angel Delight as directed on packet.
3. Cut fresh fruit or open tin and place in a dish. Pour the Angel Delight on top and level out.
4. Sprinkle icing sugar on top and leave to set in refrigerator till time to serve.
Love from Foodie Nasreen Bhayat
Jelly packet (strawberry/mixed berry)
Cadbury’s Strawberry and Creme Chocolatw
1. Place strawberries in the bottom of a dessert bowl or glasses.
2. Make a jelly and pour into the glasses and let it set.
3. Whip up some dreams dropping. Melt chocolate. Let it cool and then fold into dream topping.
4. Spoon the dream topping onto the jelly. Crush strawberries and pour on top. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Love from Foodie Fatema Hansrod
1 packet 80g peach jelly
2 tbsp gelatine
380g can evaporated milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup boiling water
1 cup mango juice
1 cup ripe mangoes chopped and pureed
1/2 cup cold water
1. Chill the milk overnight. Dissolve jelly and sugar in boiling water.
2. Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 mins. Then add to hot jelly with the mango juice. Mix until completely dissolved. Leave to cool.
3. Beat milk with electric beater until stiff peaks are formed.
4. Add cooled jelly mixture beating continuously.
5. Then fold in purée. Pour into dish and refrigerate until set.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
Tin of Tip Top Creamy Milk
1. Slice the strawberries and toss in sugar. Then add a bit of cocoa powder.
2. Then add the creamy milk tin. Mix together.
3. Roll and cut the pastry into the shape of the cake tin for the pastry lids. Prick it all over so that it does not puff so much.
4. Cut thin slices of pastry from the leftover pastry and layer these slices in a lattice pattern at the bottom of the cake tin. Brush with milk.
4. Sprinkle some sugar on top of the lattice pastry strips and some melted butter.
5. Spoon on to it the strawberries. Then place the pastry lids on top and tuck into the edges and pinching it to join onto the pastry strips.
6. Brush the pastry with milk. Bake in a preheated oven till brown.
Serve hot with clotted cream and cinnamon powder.
Love from Foodie Hajra Bhayat