6-7 mini croissants/3-4 large croissants
1 mug milky hot chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Chocolate chips/white chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till it starts to turn golden and thick.
2. Meanwhile make the hot chocolate using only milk. As well as tear and place the croissants in a buttered oven-proof dish.
3. Once the caramel is formed from the sugar and water combination, take it off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute. Then add the hot chocolate whilst whisking continuously (expect it to act crazily).
4. Then place the pan back onto low heat and add the cream. Keep whisking till there are no more lumps.
5. Take the mixture and place into a bowl or dish and let it cool till its room temperature.
6. Then whisk in the two eggs till fully incorporated. Pour this caramel custard over the croissants evenly, trying to soak all the croissants. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.
7. Bake the pudding in a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or custard ornslathered in maple syrup.
Hi, how are you doing?
Here is a special post for you.
Thank you so much for nominating me 🙂
Hey!! I loved reading your post. So lovely to get to know you better!! I hope I don’t sound rude and I know it’s my name that is decieving but I am actually a woman. Teehee. I am so touched by all the lively things you wrote about me. Thank you. Speak soon Ema. X
No one’s name is ever deceiving 🙂 . It’s a myth..
Thanks for liking my write-ups and thanks once again for nominating me.
Happy Cooking 🙂