6-7 mini croissants/3-4 large croissants
1 mug milky hot chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Chocolate chips/white chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till it starts to turn golden and thick.
2. Meanwhile make the hot chocolate using only milk. As well as tear and place the croissants in a buttered oven-proof dish.
3. Once the caramel is formed from the sugar and water combination, take it off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute. Then add the hot chocolate whilst whisking continuously (expect it to act crazily).
4. Then place the pan back onto low heat and add the cream. Keep whisking till there are no more lumps.
5. Take the mixture and place into a bowl or dish and let it cool till its room temperature.
6. Then whisk in the two eggs till fully incorporated. Pour this caramel custard over the croissants evenly, trying to soak all the croissants. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.
7. Bake the pudding in a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or custard ornslathered in maple syrup.
Handful of coriander
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
4 tsp tandoori powder
2-3 tsp cumin powder
Green chillies to taste
1-2 onions (diced and water squeezed)
1. Put the mince in a blender for a few minutes. Then add the spices and further blend.
2. Take out the meat and make into sausage shapes.
3. Then place on a baking tray with a less than a few tbsp of boiling water.
4. Cook in a preheates oven for 15-20 mins. Leave to cool.
5. When cool wrap in puff pastry and now they are freezer suitable or bake fresh.
Ingredients for filling:
1/2 pound chicken breast cut into tiny pieces
1/2 pound potatoes boiled and mashed
1/2 mix vegetables boiled (frozen)
Green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
Method for filling:
1. In a pot melt some butter on the stove and then add the chicken with all the masala.
2. Then add the boiled mixed vegetables. Cook until the chicken is tender.
3. Finally mix in the mash potatoes and fresh coriander. Thereafter shape into kebabs. At this point you can freeze them to be fried in the batter at a later date.
Ingredients for batter:
1 cup self-raising flour
Salt to taste
Pinch of tumeric powder
Water as required
1. Combine all ingredients for the batter together. Add just enough water to make a smooth paste.
2. Dip the kebabs into batter and fry in shallow oil until crisp on both sides.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Four thinly sliced chicken steak pieces
1 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
1 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp Aminas Spices Chicken Dust
1 tsp Aminas Spices Tandoori Paste (or any other brand)
1/2 – 1 tsp salt
1 heaped tsp coriander and cumin powder
oil for coating
1. Marinate the chicken in the above ingredients minus oil.
2. Warm the griddle pan on medium heat so it starts to radiate a little heat. Take a chicken slice and make sure its slathered in the masala, brush oil onto one side and place on griddle pan. Press down with a spatula until lines form on the chicken slice (3-4 mins). Then brush oil on the side facing up and turn onto the pan. Press down till griddle lines form. Repeat with each piece. You can put two to three slices at the same time depending on how big your griddle pan is.
3. Bake the chicken in the oven at gas mark 4 for another 15 minutes or so to ensure its cooked through. Do not cover when cooking. Serve in buns or on its own with chunky chips.
1 packet Sponge fingers
1 fruit tin
1 box caramel creme
1. Arrange the sponge fingers in a dish. 2. Add the syrup from the tin aswell as the fruit.
3. Make and pour the caramel on top and leave to set.
4. When set add the whipped cream and garnish with crumbled flake.
Note: you can create two layers of you wish.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka:
1 1/2 lb boneless chicken
1/2 chopped tomato tin
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 tsp whole cumin
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander & cumin powder
1 1/2 tsp crushed garlic and ginger
1 1/2 tsp tandoori powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp tumeric
1 1/2 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp dry fenugreen (methi) leaves
Black pepper (pinch)
Method of Chicken Tikka:
1. Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients apart from the onions, fenugreen and whole cumin seeds.
2. Fry the onions in oil till golden brown. Then add the cumin seeds fenugreen leaves and let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the marinated chicken 1/4 cup water to the onions. Mix well and cook on medium heat till water evaporates and oil bubbles appear at the top. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with the Chilli Ketchup Onions (below) and chappattis, rice, home made pitta bread or poppadoms.
Ingredients of Chilli Ketchup Onions:
1 large onion (diced or sliced)
5 -6 tbsp ketchup (more if needed)
1/4 tsp red chilies
1 tsp lemon juice
A pinch of salf
A pinch of red chilli flakes
Method of Chilli Onion Ketchup:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and serve with the Chicken Tikka.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji