500 g bones less chicken breast (cubed)
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp garlic and ginger
1 tbsp tandoori masalo
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbso oil
2 tbsp yoghurt
1 tsp salt
1.Marinate chicken in the above Ingredients and leave for a minimum of four hours or overnight.
2. Grill for 15 mins (or over cook for 10 mins at 200 degrees) turning chicken a few times until just cooked. Be careful not to over cook.
3. Once cooked chop into smaller bitesize chunks.
Pita Bread Ingredients:
270g plain flour
4 1/2 tlb oil
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp dried yeast
Pitta Bread Method:
1. Mix the flour, yeast, salt and oil.
2. Add warm milk and enough water to make a dough.
3. Knead with oiled hands the place in a bowl and cover. Leave it to rise for 30 mins.
4. With light hands roll out 6 equally sized pittas and cover and leave for 10 mins.
5. Cook on a hot flat romantic pan (tawa).
6. Once cooked assemble the chicken into the pitta bread with salad (grated carrots, red onions, lettuce and cucumbers).
Love from Foodie Safiya Bangee