1/4 bottle Nandos mango and lime sauce
1 tbspn malaysian curry paste (galangal chillies one) or any red chilli/curry paste
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp Siracha sauce/powder
Sprinkle of Lime powder
Sea salt and lemon pepper to taste
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Coconut oil (smoothed)
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1. Mix together the marinade and slather over the meat.
2. Place on oiled baking dish/tray and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
3. [For the vegetable side dish, par boil potatoes and carrots, slice big green chillies and mango slices. Then make a sauce with butter, ketchup, nandos sauce, a sprinkle of sugar, 1/2 tsp malaysian curry paste, salt and chilli flakes. Toss the veggies in it, being careful not to mush mangoes.]
3. Place the veggies around it or roast potatoes and cook on medium heat for forty five mins. Serve with rice, cous cous or rotis.
Box of 4 fish in butter sauce packets
Crushed green chillies (optional)
1. Boil a pot filled with water. Add the sachets of fish and let it boil for 15 – 20 mins.
2. Cut open the packets and put the fish pieces and and butter sauce into an oven proof dish.
3. Now add you can add a bit of fresh green chillies to make it spicy if you wish to. Then sprinkle grated cheese, cover with mash potatoes.
4. Finally sprinkle some more cheese and herbs on top. Cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Little crushes garlic
2/3 tbspn milk.
Red chilli powder
Piri piri flakes
Chip shop batter (Tex Mex)
1. Marinate the fish fillets in all the ingredients above minus the chip shop batter and flakes.
2. Coat and fry in the chip shop batter with the flakes mixed in. Ensure oil is very hot when you put the fish in (so it’s nice and crispy) but lower it immediately so to allow the fish itself to cook.
Serve in naan covered in salad, sauces with fries as a side.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
400g Salmon fillets (approx 2)
White cheese sauce
1. Clean and season the salmon fillets with herbs, salt and black pepper.
2. Shallow fry the salmon lightly on both sides till cooked. Leave to cook and then flake it into little pieces.
2. Boil the peeled potatoes and create a mash.
3. Boil the broccoli in salty water. Place the salmon and broccoli into a oven proof dish and cover with white cheese sauce. Add a little chopped parsley to the sauce.
4. Cover it all with the mash and sprinkle cheese over the top. Then sprinkle fresh breadcrumbs to cover the mash.
5. Cook in a preheated oven for 1/2 hour until it turns golden brown.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp garlic
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
2 tbsp peri peri oil
2 tbsp peri peri sauce
1 tsp aromat
1/2-1 tso peri peri powder
2 tbsp chilli powder
1. Marinate prawns with all the ingredients overnight
2. Fry prawns in a pan with butter on high heat or grill for a few minutes till cooked.
Love from Foodie Sadiyya Batan