1/4 bottle Nandos mango and lime sauce
1 tbspn malaysian curry paste (galangal chillies one) or any red chilli/curry paste
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp Siracha sauce/powder
Sprinkle of Lime powder
Sea salt and lemon pepper to taste
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Coconut oil (smoothed)
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1. Mix together the marinade and slather over the meat.
2. Place on oiled baking dish/tray and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
3. [For the vegetable side dish, par boil potatoes and carrots, slice big green chillies and mango slices. Then make a sauce with butter, ketchup, nandos sauce, a sprinkle of sugar, 1/2 tsp malaysian curry paste, salt and chilli flakes. Toss the veggies in it, being careful not to mush mangoes.]
3. Place the veggies around it or roast potatoes and cook on medium heat for forty five mins. Serve with rice, cous cous or rotis.
Fish of your choice
Shaan Lahori Fish Masala packet
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1. Clean and cut your fish into chunks and leave it to marinate in the lahori fish powder.
2. For the masala/curry paste- blend together coriander stems, spring onions, garlic, salt, green chilies, turmeric, some of the lahori fish masala and tinned tomatoes.
3. Then deep fry your marinated fish in a non stick wok till it is cooked. Take the fish out and leave to one side.
4. In the same oil put some freshly chopped spring onions, whole cumin and curry leaves. Then fry for a couple of seconds.
5. Now add the masala/curry paste blend. Cook till the masala/curry thickens a bit.
6. Sprinkle red chilli powder, some lahori fish powder and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix and add salt if needed.
7. Now remove the excess oil but be sure to leave enough so that the masala does not dry out.
8. Then add the fried fish to the masala.
Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with roti or rice.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji