1 pineapple cut into small pieces
1 green pepper cut into julienne strips
1 red pepper cut into julienne strips
Carrots cut into julienne strips
1 onion sliced
Cucumber sliced (optional)
Ingredients: (Salad dressing)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar (less if you like)
1 tsp ground pepper
Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. For the sauce whisk together the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
3. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Toss in the chopped pineapples, peppers, onions and carrots or serve separately. Finally garnish with fresh coriander.
Ingredients (all fresh):
2inch piece of ginger
2 pieces of fresh garlic
Bunch of spring onions
Bunch of coriander leaves and stalks
1 green pepper
4 small new potatoes
2 handfuls sweetcorn
5 handfuls rice
1 tsp curry powder
1-2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Chop roughly and blend together the tomatoes, spring onions, coriander, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat a little butter or oil in a pot and add the blended ingredients. Add salt and spices and let it cook till mixture darkens slightly.
3. Then add finely chopped pepper, sweetcorn and cubed potatoes and cook till potatoes are 70% cooked.
4. Then add the washed rice and the same amount of water as there is rice plus a quarter more. Not too much. Taste and add salt if needed.
5. Let this cook on high heat for a few minutes and then on low heat for about 15 mins. Once cooked garnish with chopped herbs and serve warm with mint chutney.
2-3 tbsp spoon oil
1-2 tsp chillies
3 garlic cloves
Green, yellow and red pepper
1. Fry all the spices in oil.
2. Add the vegetables till cooked.
3. Add boiled spaghetti. Mix together and serve with chopped coriander.
Note: you can add any other vegetables you would like.
Love from Foodie Zeynab Kalang
1 cup gram flour
1 cup yogurt
2 cups water
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp hanchauro
1-2 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp oil
1. Mix the first three ingredients in blender.
2. Add the rest of the ingredient and mix with a spoon.
3. Microwave in intervals, mixing to ensure there are no lumps in between each heating; 2 mins – 2 mins – 2 mins – 1 min.
4. Smooth the mixture thinly on the back of metal trays with a metal spatula. Let it set for 10-15 mins. Then slice and roll.
5. Fry in no oil sesame seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole chillies. Sprinkle over the khamri with some chopped coriander.
Love from Foodie Zeynab Kalang
1. Place a little oil in a frying, add a couple of teaspoon oil. Place the mushrooms in the pan stem side up.
2. Put some chopped jalapeños, cheese inside the mushrooms. Then sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on top and chilli flakes. Fry for a few minutes till bottom of the mushrooms are done
3. Then place the pan with the mushrooms in it under the grill on low heat till the cheese has melted and mushrooms are cooked. the mushrooms with chopped jalapenos and sliced cheese.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji
2 bowls (cereal bowls) of white all purpose flour
2 1/2 tbsp fast rising dry yeast
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup oil
Very hot water
1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Then add the oil and enough water to knead into a dough which is softer than roti dough.
3. Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with a dish cloth and then put a pizza plate on top. Set aside in a warm part of the kitchen for 2 hours before rolling out into pizza bases.
Love from Foodie Shahena Bhayat
1 small tin Sweetcorn
1 cup self raising flour
Green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric
1/4 teaspoon crushed ginger/garlic
1. Mix all the above ingredients together.
2. Then add a little bit of water to make a smooth paste.
3. Drop a tablespoon of mixture in a pan with shallow oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Red onion x2
Salt & Pepper
1. Thinly slice the mangoes and vegetables above and mix together
2. Make a dressing with some mango pulp with salt and pepper to taste.
Love From Foodie Safiyah Bangee
Onions (thinly chopped)
Red onions (thinly chopped)
Blue Dragon Sweet chilli sauce
Lime juice (optional)
Whole red chilli (deseeded & thinly sliced) (optional)
Whole mustard seeds (optional)
1. Peel, boil and slice the potatoes.
2. Add all the ingredients above and mix together. Leave to chill in fridge.
Love from Foodie Amina Daya
Green peppers (cubed)
Tamarind (amli) sauce
1. Slice and prepare your potatoes into fries shapes with the skins.
2. Fry the chips and garnish with the onions, peppers and drizzle the sauce.
Love from Foodie Amina Batan