1 pineapple cut into small pieces
1 green pepper cut into julienne strips
1 red pepper cut into julienne strips
Carrots cut into julienne strips
1 onion sliced
Cucumber sliced (optional)
Ingredients: (Salad dressing)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar (less if you like)
1 tsp ground pepper
Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. For the sauce whisk together the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
3. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Toss in the chopped pineapples, peppers, onions and carrots or serve separately. Finally garnish with fresh coriander.
Crushed green chillies
Crushed ginger and garlic
East End peri peri sauce
1. Braise the onions in butter till softened.
2. Then add the chicken, vegetables, chillies, ginger, garlic and cook till chicken is cooked and veggies soft.
3. Add the sauces, salt and pepper to taste. Mix till well incorporated.
4. Cook in puff pastry or shortcrust pastry in a preheated oven till cooked.
2 green peppers
1/2 carton/bottle of pasatta
Blended ginger & garlic
Aminas Spices – Lemon and Herb
1. Put half a carton pasatta, two fresh tomatoes cubed in a pot with some oil. Add 1tsp garlic and ginger, 1tsp dhana, 1tsp aminas lemon and herb spice, 1tsp green chillies and salt. Let it cook till oil bubbles appear at the top.
2. Then add 3 eggs and whisk or stir quickly till the egg cookers and is well incorporated.
3. Mix in some spring onions or cubed red onions.
4. Slice the whole green peppers in half with their stalks, scoop out the insides and discard of the seeds. Then drizzle some olive oil over the peppers and add the egg and tomato mixture to fill the empty shells.
5. Then cover with the top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle za’taar. Place on a tray and bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 4 for about 40 mins. It is ready when the cheese is a little brown and peppers are cooked.