Ready made puff pastry
Knob of butter/margerine x2
400g boneless chicken cubed finely
Small red and yellow sweet pepper cubed finely
2 sprigs worth of chopped spring onions
1 tsp crushed black pepper
(not finely grounded)
1tbs parsley flakes/freshly chopped parsley
1tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp worth of chopped mint
1tsp crushed green chillies
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp blended garlic & ginger paste
1. Melt butter in a pan and add chicken with the ginger and garlic paste, salt, chillies and all the dry spices including any dry herbs but not the fresh herbs yet. Let it cook uncovered, stirring occasionally till the chicken is cooked through
2. In a separate pan add another knob of butter and the peppers and spring onions. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and let it cook on low heat till softened.
3. Add the cooked peppers to the chicken and mix together. Now add all fresh mint and parsley (if adding).
4. Cut the rolled puff pastry into squares and then slice the squares to make two equally sized triangles. Place filling on one triangle covering the whole triangle and the place the other triangle on top. Place in a high heated I’ve on gas mark 6-7 and cook for twenty minutes maximum till pastry is cooked.
Love from Foodie Khuzzy B
Handful of coriander
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
4 tsp tandoori powder
2-3 tsp cumin powder
Green chillies to taste
1-2 onions (diced and water squeezed)
1. Put the mince in a blender for a few minutes. Then add the spices and further blend.
2. Take out the meat and make into sausage shapes.
3. Then place on a baking tray with a less than a few tbsp of boiling water.
4. Cook in a preheates oven for 15-20 mins. Leave to cool.
5. When cool wrap in puff pastry and now they are freezer suitable or bake fresh.
Love from Foodie Zeynab Kalang
Crushed green chillies
Crushed ginger and garlic
East End peri peri sauce
1. Braise the onions in butter till softened.
2. Then add the chicken, vegetables, chillies, ginger, garlic and cook till chicken is cooked and veggies soft.
3. Add the sauces, salt and pepper to taste. Mix till well incorporated.
4. Cook in puff pastry or shortcrust pastry in a preheated oven till cooked.
Love from Foodie Khuzzy B
500g beef cubed finely
East End Honey & Chilli Sauce
1. Marinate the beef overnight in salt, pepper, green chilies and tumeric.
2. Finely dice onions and braise in the butter until the onions soften. Add the cubed beef pieces and let it cook until the beef becomes tender.
3. Add sweetcorn and diced potatoes and cook until the potatoes are cooked. 4. Lastly add the Honey & Chilli sauce and leave the mixture to cool down.
5. Place a sheet of short crust pastry at the bottom of an oven proof dish, pour the meat mixture on top and layer a sheet of pastry on top.
6. Cook in a preheated oven till the pastry is cooked.
Love from Foodie Samreen & Habibah Bhayat
Chicken breasts (cubed)
Ready Roll Puff Pastry
Crushed Ginger and Garlic
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry onions. Once they are fried add chicken cubes and spices. Allow to cook.
2. Meanwhile boil potatoes till par boiled. Add the peppers and sweetcorn to boil with the potatoes at this point. Drain the vegetables.
3. Add the vegetables to the chicken mix , white pepper, salt and single cream; then stir.
4. Add the grated cheese and stir till melted. Let the mixture cool.
5. Lay out the pastry on a lined baking tray and prick all over (top and bottom) with a fork. Add the mixture and fold over the pastry and seal.
6. Bake in the oven. Turnover halfway so both side cook well.
Love from Foodie Shereen Bham