Two large onions
Whole spices: cinnamon, cloves, cumin, peppercorns, cardamon
Salt to taste
Crushed ginger and garlic
5 whole chillies
5 fresh tomatoes
3 potatoes (peeled and cut into halves/quarters)
1 tsp tumeric
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tso Patak’s tikka paste
2 tbsp yogurt (optional)
1 tbsp cream
Chopped coriander for garnishing
1. Fry onions with whole cumin till brown.
2. Add the lamb pieces to the onion with about 3tbsp water the crushed ginger and garlic, salt and whole chillies.
3. Cover and leave on low heat for about an hour. Stir in every so often as bits will stick to bottom of the pot.
4. Chop the fresh tomatoes and potatoes and add to meat. Cover and leave for half another hour.
5. Add the dry spices to the meat and onion mix. Stir well and allow to cook for a while until oil bubbles appear on top of the curry.
6. Add boiled eggs and garnish with fresh coriander.
Love from Foodie Mariam Kika