Fish of your choice
Shaan Lahori Fish Masala packet
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1. Clean and cut your fish into chunks and leave it to marinate in the lahori fish powder.
2. For the masala/curry paste- blend together coriander stems, spring onions, garlic, salt, green chilies, turmeric, some of the lahori fish masala and tinned tomatoes.
3. Then deep fry your marinated fish in a non stick wok till it is cooked. Take the fish out and leave to one side.
4. In the same oil put some freshly chopped spring onions, whole cumin and curry leaves. Then fry for a couple of seconds.
5. Now add the masala/curry paste blend. Cook till the masala/curry thickens a bit.
6. Sprinkle red chilli powder, some lahori fish powder and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix and add salt if needed.
7. Now remove the excess oil but be sure to leave enough so that the masala does not dry out.
8. Then add the fried fish to the masala.
Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with roti or rice.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji