Little crushes garlic
2/3 tbspn milk.
Red chilli powder
Piri piri flakes
Chip shop batter (Tex Mex)
1. Marinate the fish fillets in all the ingredients above minus the chip shop batter and flakes.
2. Coat and fry in the chip shop batter with the flakes mixed in. Ensure oil is very hot when you put the fish in (so it’s nice and crispy) but lower it immediately so to allow the fish itself to cook.
Serve in naan covered in salad, sauces with fries as a side.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
6oz caster sugar
1 packet butter
8 heapful tbsp golden syrup
Slab of chocolate
Chocolate chips, raisins, sultanas, cherries (optional)
1. Melt butter and golden syrup together in a pan.
2. In a seperate bowl mix together oats and sugar.
3. Then pour the melted butter syrup into the oats. Mix it together so well combined.
4. Spoon and pat down flat into a greased baking tin. Place in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes at gas mark 4.
5. Once out the oven let the flapjacks cool for 30 minutes or so. Then spread melted chocolate on top.
Note: If using an electric oven less time will be needed to bake.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Chicken breast sliced thin
Garlic (more than ginger)
Peri peri powder
Crushed green chillies or chilli flakes
BBQ Spice powder
Nandos Hot Piri Piri sauce
1. Combine the above ingredients together minus the oil and leave the chicken steak to marinate in it overnight.
2. Brush the steaks with oil and cook on a griddle pan till cooked though.
Serve in a burger bun with salad and homemade chips on the side.
Love from Foodie Hannah Chotia
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Shred the cabbage, thinly slice the onion and grate the carrot. Mix together.
2. Add a good glug of double cream. Then add salt & pepper to taste and a sprinkle of sugar.
Note: Prepare the day before for a better taste!
Love from Foodie Shereen Bham
(makes 40 medium to small size burger)
2 1/2 lb chicken mince
2 1/2 tsp garlic ginger
2 1/2 tsp green chillies
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
3/4 mug breadcrumbs (fresh bread blended till crumbs)
4 onions finely diced and juice squeezed out
3/4 bunch of fresh coriander
1. Blend together all the above ingredients.
2. Shape the mixture to form shapes.
3. Shallow fry in a little oil.
Serve with homemade chips.
Love from Foodie Safiya Bangee