Ingredients: (for marinate)
1 whole medium chicken (legs tied and gutted with skin)
2 tbsp greek yogurt
2 tbsp tomatoe puree
2 tbsp Peri Peri cooking spice (panache or nandos marinade sauce)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp chicken spice (packet or jar)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp ground salt and pepper
1 tsp Aromat
Squirt of lemon juice
1 heaped tbsp ginger and garlic paste
Method (for marinade):
1. Make cuts into the chicken breast and any other meaty areas so to increase the surface area of the chicken. Mix all the ingredients above and slather all over the chicken including the inside.
2. Cover and put the chicken to marinate in the fridge at least overnight.
Ingredients (for roasting and basting):
50g butter (olive oil can be used for a healthier option)
Chopped red onions (optional)
Chopped sweet peppers (optional)
Chopped spring onions (optional)
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp peri peri spice
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
1/2 tsp of Nandos spice rub or lemon pepper
Sprinkle of dried herbs
Method (for roasting):
1. When ready to cook take out the marinated chicken from fridge and let it become room temperature whilst you make the basting sauce. Place it on a roasting tray and preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
2. (Basting sauce) Melt the butter in the microwave. Then add the rest of the spices above and mix together.
3. Cut the vegetables you would like to roast with the chicken and place them around the chicken. Now pour from a jug or use a brush to cover the chicken and the vegetables in the spiced butter. Sprinkle with dried herbs.
4. Place the chicken in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not cover. Make the spiced butter again and every 15 minutes to half an hour, take out the chicken and brush it over the whole chicken. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Nandos chicken rub on top each time.
5. Once the chicken appears crispy on the outer skin layer, check the inside with a knife and then leave to rest for about 10 mins with foil very loosely placed on it. Serve with chips and restaurant style lamb ribs.
Love from Khuzzy B