2 packets oreos
150g melted butter
Two tubs (approx 400g) Cream Cheese
150g to 200g icing sugar
2 heaped tbspn Nutella
1 standard tub double cream (300ml)
1 large punnet fresh rasberries
Red food colouring (optional)
1. Seperate the biscuit and the cream of all the oreos
2. Crush the biscuits in a blender and melt the butter.
3. Mix the crushed biscuits and melted butter together then press into a cake tin with a removable base. Cover and place in the fridge for now.
4. Split the raspberries into three. Squash and strain one third to seperate the seeds. Chop the second third roughly and store the final third in the fridge for garnishing later
5. Then place the squashed raspberries, cream cheese, 1 heaped tbspn of nutella, the cream frosting from inside the biscuits and sifted icing sugar into a bowl and whisk till well blended. Then add just over half a tub of double cream and whip some more till thick.
7. Now take out the biscuit base from fridge, then dollop the mixture on top and spread. Then scatter the ‘chopped’ raspberries evenly on top and poke them in with a skewer and smooth over with a spatula.
8. Place in the fridge for atleast four hours. Take out the cheese cake about 15 mins before serving and place on a serving dish.
9. Melt some Nutella till smooth (not too hot) and then splatter on cake and decorate with raspberries. Place in fridge for a few more minutes before serving.
Love from Foodie Safiya Bangee
1 packet nice biscuits
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon(optional)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon gelatine
375g smooth cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup castor sugar
60g white chocolate (melted)
60g milk chocolate (melted)
60g dark chocolate (melted)
Fresh cream (whipped)
1. Crush biscuits until fine,add melted butter and mix till combined. Press onto the base of a spring form tin. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Put the gelatine and water in a glass bowl stir over a saucepan of simmering water until dissolved,
3. Whisk cream cheese until smooth, add milk, sugar and the gelatine. Melt the chocolates.
4. Divide the cheese mixture into three parts add 1/3 to the melted chocolates. Divide the whipped cream into three parts and add to the chocolate mixtures. Make sure to whisk each one properly.
5. Spread the white chocolate mixture onto the biscuits and leave in the fridge for about 5 minutes until set. Cover carefully with milk chocolate mixture then let it set. Finally carefully layer the dark chocolate mixture on top. Refrigerate for few hours or until firm.
Decorate with whipped cream rosettes and grated chocolate.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Orange flavour jelly
Terrys Chocolate Orange
Tin/pint of custard
Extra choc for grating on top
1. Cook and set orange flavour jelly in a pyrex dish or seperate dessert bowls/glasses.
2. When set put jaffa cake biscuits to sit on top of the jelly.
3. Melt Terrys Chocolate Orange (3 bars or more) into the custard.
4. When chocolate custard is cool pour on top of biscuits sitting on jelly.
5. Beat fresh cream and spread on top of custard.
6. Top with flake and mandarin slices (optional).
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Any type of cake
1. Crumble any type of cake, add whipped cream on top, then chocolate sauce and some flake.
2. Repeat another layer (or two) of all ingredients in 1.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan