Crushed ginger and garlic
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder
Dry kastori methi/fenugreek
Red chilli flakes
1. Heat oil and cook the onions in it till softened. Add a tomatoe tin and let it cook.
2. Then add all the spices and cook further until oil comes up as bubbles.
3. Add the washed chicken and cook til cooked through. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander before serving.
Love from Foodie Shaheda Batan
Chicken breast cut into small chunks (about 500g)
1 tbsp tandoori masala
1 heaped tbsp yogurt
2-3 tbsp tomatoe puree
1 tbsp cumin powder
splash of milk or cream
1. Marinate the chicken in all the ingredients apart from the tomato puree.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the tomatoe puree for a minute or so till it starts to darken.
3. Then add the chicken mixture and let it cook till the chicken is cooked. Add the milk or cream and let it cook for a further minute.
4. Meanwhile fry some fries and layer at the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over salt and slather in mayo and chilli sauce of choice (I use Franks or Crystal Sauce).
5. Pour the chicken evenly over the fries and sprinkle over grated mozerella and cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven till cheese melts.
Note: this is a great way to use up leftover chicken tikka or any chicken masala curry.
1 stack of ribs
1/4 cup oil
2 tbsp tandoori masala
3 tbsp steak seasoning
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients above and mix well. Marinate for atleast 6 hours or more.
2. Cook in preheated oven at 400F for 15 minutes, turn over and cook for another 10 or 15 minutes until tender.
Love From Foodie Shahena Bhayat
10 chicken legs
1-2 tbsp tandoori paste
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp tumeric
Crushed red chillies
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp yogurt
Juice of a fresh lemon
Crushed ginger and garlic
Crushed green chillies
1. Marinate the chicken overnight in all the above ingredients.
2. Shallow fry the chicken and then bake in the oven for about an hour at gas mark 4. Turn the chicken after 30 minutes.
Note: To get the bbq look and taste, pour the oil you used to fry the chicken in over it before roasting including all the burnt masala bits.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
1tbsp tandoori masala (Chachas)
1tsp coriander powder
2tbsp Biryani masala
1tsp Fenugreen leaves (fresh or dry)
1 tin chopped tomatoes blended
New potatoe tin
200g double cream
1tbsp ginger and garlic crushed
1tsp green chillies
3 tbsb yogurt
Fresh coriander for garnishing
1. Marinate chicken in green chillies, yogurt and half the tandoori masala overnight or two hours. Soak 1 cup rice in cold water.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan, add fenugreen leaves, garlic and ginger and fry for a minute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and the other half of tandoori masala, coriander powder, black pepper and salt. Let it cook on medium heat till oil comes to the top.
4. Add marinated chicken and cook on low heat for a about 6 mins. Meanwhile boil eggs and fry potatoes (or use tin new potatoes if in a hurry).
5. Once chicken looks half cooked (white in colour) add double cream and potatoes and mix.
6. Then add one cup water and rice. Add salt to taste. Cook on high heat for 4 to 5 mins and then low for about 10 to 15 mins. Add water if needed during cooking time.
7. Once cooked garnish with chopped coriander, fried onions, spring onions and sliced boiled egg.
1lb chicken mince
3/4tsp black pepper
1tsp chilli powder
1tbsp tandoori powder
1tbsp green chillies
1tbsp crushed ginger and garlic
1tbsp soya sauce
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor. Shape the mixture into flat burgers and fry in shallow oil.
Love from Foodie Sadiyya Batan