(for 200g pasta or two medium fish steak pieces)
1/2 cup boiled water
1/2 cube chicken/vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tbsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp parsley flakes/finely chopped fresh parsley
1tsp chilli flakes
30g butter cubed
1. Place the olive oil in a pan, heat and add the minced garlic. Let it cook on a medium heat till the garlic turns medium brown. Stir occasionally to ensure the garlic cooks evenly and does not burn.
2. Meanwhile make the chicken or vegetable stock by stirring the stock cube into boiling water till it has totally dissolved.
3. Add the stock to the garlic once it has cooked. Now add the lemon juice, parsley, chilli flakes as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
4. Now let the sauce reduce on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the mixture looks thicker and has reduced by half at least.
5. Then take it off the heat and wait for about half a minute for the sauce to ‘calm down’. Add the cubed butter and stir till it has melted into the sauce. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately poured over simply cooked fish or boiled pasta. Garnish with thyme leaves.
1tbsp tandoori masala (Chachas)
1tsp coriander powder
2tbsp Biryani masala
1tsp Fenugreen leaves (fresh or dry)
1 tin chopped tomatoes blended
New potatoe tin
200g double cream
1tbsp ginger and garlic crushed
1tsp green chillies
3 tbsb yogurt
Fresh coriander for garnishing
1. Marinate chicken in green chillies, yogurt and half the tandoori masala overnight or two hours. Soak 1 cup rice in cold water.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan, add fenugreen leaves, garlic and ginger and fry for a minute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and the other half of tandoori masala, coriander powder, black pepper and salt. Let it cook on medium heat till oil comes to the top.
4. Add marinated chicken and cook on low heat for a about 6 mins. Meanwhile boil eggs and fry potatoes (or use tin new potatoes if in a hurry).
5. Once chicken looks half cooked (white in colour) add double cream and potatoes and mix.
6. Then add one cup water and rice. Add salt to taste. Cook on high heat for 4 to 5 mins and then low for about 10 to 15 mins. Add water if needed during cooking time.
7. Once cooked garnish with chopped coriander, fried onions, spring onions and sliced boiled egg.