Chicken breast cubed
2tsp monosodium glutamate
1tsp ginger powder
1tsp crushed garlic
1tsp chilli flakes (more if you like it spicy)
1tsp corn flour mixed in little water
Julienne carrots and red peppers
1. Leave some finely sliced chillies to soak in vinegar. This will be your concoction served with the chow mein.
2. Marinate the chicken in all the ingredients above up to and including the salt for at least 15 minutes
3. Cook the chicken in a wok with 2 tblspn oil till brownish in colour. Then take it out and set aside.
4. Add julienne carrots, bean-sprouts and red peppers to the wok. Then sauté for a few mins till the vegetables soften and are cooked. Meanwhile boil the egg noodles (pre-cooked noodles are a quicker option).
5. Then add both the noodles and the cooked chicken to the vegetables mix. Mix and let it cook for a few minutes so the flavours can be fully incorporated into the noodles.
Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve with a splash of the vinegar concoction.
Love from Foodie Khuzzy B