4 Sheesh Kebabs (KQF)
2 medium – small onions
1 large chicken breast (small cubes)
1 green and red pepper (large cubes)
1/3 bottle of Asian Sweet Chilli Sauce (Aldi brand)
2 tsp tandoori masala
1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp crushed ginger & garlic
2-3 chopped fresh green chillies
1 tsp any steak spice
1/2 chilli powder (optional)
Salt to taste
Sprinkle of sugar
1. Marinate the chicken in the tandoori masala, cumin powder, steak spice, ginger & garlic. Set aside.
2. Chop finely and fry the two onions in a wok or large frying pan in about an inch of oil till brown on the edges and slightly crispy.
3. Meanwhile take your Sheesh Kebabs and grill them till brown and slice. You can also slice them and fry em in a pan with some oil. This is to ensure they retain their shape when added to the curry.
4. Once onions are done add the chopped chillies and peppers to the hot oil and let it cook for less than a minute on absolute low heat.
5. Then add the pasatta to the wok. Sprinkle salt, sugar and red chilli powder; as well as the sweet chilli sauce. Add more oil if necessary. Cover and let it cook on medium heat till the pasatta darkens and oil appears at the top.
6. Add the the marinated chicken and cook for a little while on medium to low heat till the chicken is cooked.
7. Finally add the Sheesh kebab pieces and stir thoroughly. Taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
Serve with naan or rotis sprinkled with spring onions and chopped fresh coriander.
Love from Foodie Khuzzy B