Serves approx. 15 people.
2 tins chopped tomatoes
3 tsp cumin seeds & 2 tsp for step 2
3 lb chopped onions
1/3 litre oil & 1 cup for step 2
3 tsp salt & 3 tsp for step 4
3 fresh tomatoes chopped
Handful coriander stems
7-9 cinnamon sticks
9 whole cloves
5 – 7 cardamon pods
9 pepper balls
5lb lamb (leg/shoulder)
5 tbsp blended garlic and ginger paste
2 tbsp crushed garlic
3-5 tsp chilli paste
2 pinches saffron
5 bay leaves
4-5 tsp tumeric powder
7-9 tsp coriander powder
5-7 tsp cumin powder
3-5 tsp crushed red chillies
Whole green chillies & freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Fry whole cumin in oil. Then add the onions and salt. Let it fry till very onions become very brown. Add the tinned & fresh tomatoes. Simmer till oil bubbles for at the top.
2. In a separate pot fry the cinnamon, cloves and pepper balls in a cup of oil till the smell of the spices becomes prevalent. Then add the cumin and cardamon pods. Lastly add the coriander stems.
3. Now add the meat to the whole spice fry. When the colour of the meat add all the garlic, ginger, saffron and bay leaves. Cook on a low heat, covered for about an hour. Stir occasionally.
4. When the meat is fully cooked and all the powdered spices. Let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Finally add the fried onions from step 1. Let the curry simmer for a little while and then garnish with corriander and chillies. Serve hot with naan bread or rotis.
6-7 mini croissants/3-4 large croissants
1 mug milky hot chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Chocolate chips/white chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till it starts to turn golden and thick.
2. Meanwhile make the hot chocolate using only milk. As well as tear and place the croissants in a buttered oven-proof dish.
3. Once the caramel is formed from the sugar and water combination, take it off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute. Then add the hot chocolate whilst whisking continuously (expect it to act crazily).
4. Then place the pan back onto low heat and add the cream. Keep whisking till there are no more lumps.
5. Take the mixture and place into a bowl or dish and let it cool till its room temperature.
6. Then whisk in the two eggs till fully incorporated. Pour this caramel custard over the croissants evenly, trying to soak all the croissants. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.
7. Bake the pudding in a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or custard ornslathered in maple syrup.
Ingredients (for marinate):
1 whole medium chicken (legs tied and gutted with skin)
2 tbsp greek yogurt
2 tbsp tomatoe puree
2 tbsp Peri Peri cooking spice (panache or nandos marinade sauce)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp chicken spice (packet or jar)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp ground salt and pepper
1 tsp Aromat
Squirt of lemon juice
1 heaped tbsp ginger and garlic paste
Method (for marinade):
1. Make cuts into the chicken breast and any other meaty areas so to increase the surface area of the chicken. Mix all the ingredients above and slather all over the chicken including the inside.
2. Cover and put the chicken to marinate in the fridge at least overnight.
Ingredients (for roasting and basting):
50g butter (olive oil can be used for a healthier option)
Chopped red onions (optional)
Chopped sweet peppers (optional)
Chopped spring onions (optional)
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp peri peri spice
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
1/2 tsp of Nandos spice rub or lemon pepper
Sprinkle of dried herbs
Method (for roasting):
1. When ready to cook take out the marinated chicken from fridge and let it become room temperature whilst you make the basting sauce. Place it on a roasting tray and preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
2. (Basting sauce) Melt the butter in the microwave. Then add the rest of the spices above and mix together.
3. Cut the vegetables you would like to roast with the chicken and place them around the chicken. Now pour from a jug or use a brush to cover the chicken and the vegetables in the spiced butter. Sprinkle with dried herbs.
4. Place the chicken in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not cover. Make the spiced butter again and every 15 minutes to half an hour, take out the chicken and brush it over the whole chicken. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Nandos chicken rub on top each time.
5. Once the chicken appears crispy on the outer skin layer, check the inside with a knife and then leave to rest for about 10 mins with foil very loosely placed on it. Serve with chips and restaurant style lamb ribs.
Ready made puff pastry
Knob of butter/margerine x2
400g boneless chicken cubed finely
Small red and yellow sweet pepper cubed finely
2 sprigs worth of chopped spring onions
1 tsp crushed black pepper
(not finely grounded)
1tbs parsley flakes/freshly chopped parsley
1tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp worth of chopped mint
1tsp crushed green chillies
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp blended garlic & ginger paste
1. Melt butter in a pan and add chicken with the ginger and garlic paste, salt, chillies and all the dry spices including any dry herbs but not the fresh herbs yet. Let it cook uncovered, stirring occasionally till the chicken is cooked through
2. In a separate pan add another knob of butter and the peppers and spring onions. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and let it cook on low heat till softened.
3. Add the cooked peppers to the chicken and mix together. Now add all fresh mint and parsley (if adding).
4. Cut the rolled puff pastry into squares and then slice the squares to make two equally sized triangles. Place filling on one triangle covering the whole triangle and the place the other triangle on top. Place in a high heated I’ve on gas mark 6-7 and cook for twenty minutes maximum till pastry is cooked.
1 pineapple cut into small pieces
1 green pepper cut into julienne strips
1 red pepper cut into julienne strips
Carrots cut into julienne strips
1 onion sliced
Cucumber sliced (optional)
Ingredients: (Salad dressing)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar (less if you like)
1 tsp ground pepper
Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. For the sauce whisk together the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
3. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Toss in the chopped pineapples, peppers, onions and carrots or serve separately. Finally garnish with fresh coriander.
8-10 sausages or kebabs cut into chunks
Jar of pasta sauce (tomato and basil)
300g (1/2 -3/4) packet of pasta
Ginger and garlic paste
Green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
Freshly chopped parsley or coriander
Whole mozzarella cheese ball
Vegetables (optional – carrots, courgette or peppers)
1. In a pot fry the frozen or fresh sausages in oil for about 4-5 minutes until brown.
2. Now add the chopped onions to the oil and cook till softened. Add the jar of pasta sauce, 1/2 the jar full of water and all the spices. Simmer on low heat till bubbles. Then chopped parsley or coriander.
3. Boil pasta separately, then drain and add to the sauce. Mix together. Empty into a ovenproof dish.
4. Dot the sausage pasta with chunks of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some fresh basil. Grill for few minutes until cheese melts.
Note: For a healthier option cook the sausages or kebabs in the oven.
Ingredients (all fresh):
2inch piece of ginger
2 pieces of fresh garlic
Bunch of spring onions
Bunch of coriander leaves and stalks
1 green pepper
4 small new potatoes
2 handfuls sweetcorn
5 handfuls rice
1 tsp curry powder
1-2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Chop roughly and blend together the tomatoes, spring onions, coriander, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat a little butter or oil in a pot and add the blended ingredients. Add salt and spices and let it cook till mixture darkens slightly.
3. Then add finely chopped pepper, sweetcorn and cubed potatoes and cook till potatoes are 70% cooked.
4. Then add the washed rice and the same amount of water as there is rice plus a quarter more. Not too much. Taste and add salt if needed.
5. Let this cook on high heat for a few minutes and then on low heat for about 15 mins. Once cooked garnish with chopped herbs and serve warm with mint chutney.
Handful of coriander
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
4 tsp tandoori powder
2-3 tsp cumin powder
Green chillies to taste
1-2 onions (diced and water squeezed)
1. Put the mince in a blender for a few minutes. Then add the spices and further blend.
2. Take out the meat and make into sausage shapes.
3. Then place on a baking tray with a less than a few tbsp of boiling water.
4. Cook in a preheates oven for 15-20 mins. Leave to cool.
5. When cool wrap in puff pastry and now they are freezer suitable or bake fresh.
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic paste
Drop of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Pinch of red chilli powder
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Boil all the above ingredients together. I Serve with chips or salad
Note: You can add cheese on top of your garlicky chips and grill till it melts.
500g chicken breast (cut into strips)
Salt to taste
Red chilli flakes/chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Nandos lemon & herb
1 tsp Nandos peri peri sauce
1 tsp Nandos garlic sauce
2-4 tbsp yoghurt
1. Marinate the chicken strips in the above ingredients and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. When ready to cook, add 2 tbsp butter to a frying pan, less than a 1/4 cup of water and you marinated stripa. Cook till chicken is cooked and the water has evaporated.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu