6oz caster sugar
8oz softened butter
Couple of drops vanilla extract/flavouring
10oz self raising flour
4oz porridge (more if you want)
Glacé Cherries (optional topping)
2 egg yolks
1. Pre-heat oven and line baking trays.
2. Mix butter, sugar and egg yolks.
3. Then add vanilla; then add flour. Beat to a soft dough and roll it in to small balls.
4. Dip each ball into oats, flatten a little and add cherries as a topping. Then bake for 20 minutes until golden and brown.
Love from Foodie Humairah Batan
1 block of soft butter
1 cup of icing sugar
1/2 cup of oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp of cornflour
3 cups of plain flour (Add more if needed)
1.Beat the butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence and oil till white and fluffy.
2. Fold in cornflour, add the plain flour and combine to make a firm dough.
3. Shape into a log and using your palm or ruler slice the dough into 1cm thick slices.
4. Place the pieces on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 4 for 10-15 mins or until light brown. Then decorate as you wish or leave them plain.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu