Ingredients: (makes 24)
6 pack of ready made tortilla wraps
Jar of salsa/tortilla dip
Chicken breast, cut finely
Crushed green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
1. Cook the chicken in a little oil and all the spices till cooked through.
2. Now use a round pastry cutter to cut out 4 circle shaped bases from each of the tortilla wraps, giving you 24 altogether. You might want to put a little oil in the cupcake holes to allow the tortilla bases to stick down. But do not worry too much as the filling will weigh it down later.
3. Add one tsp of the salsa onto each base then two to three pieces of the chicken, the sweetcorn, sprinkle cheese and then crumble some of the tortillas (you can do this after).
4. Put in a preheated oven (about 8 mins) till the bases form a little crust on the outside rims. Careful not to allow them to go too dark or burn.
Ingredients (for 200g pasta or two medium fish steak pieces):
1/2 cup boiled water
1/2 cube chicken/vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tbsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp parsley flakes/finely chopped fresh parsley
1tsp chilli flakes
30g butter cubed
1. Place the olive oil in a pan, heat and add the minced garlic. Let it cook on a medium heat till the garlic turns medium brown. Stir occasionally to ensure the garlic cooks evenly and does not burn.
2. Meanwhile make the chicken or vegetable stock by stirring the stock cube into boiling water till it has totally dissolved.
3. Add the stock to the garlic once it has cooked. Now add the lemon juice, parsley, chilli flakes as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
4. Now let the sauce reduce on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the mixture looks thicker and has reduced by half at least.
5. Then take it off the heat and wait for about half a minute for the sauce to ‘calm down’. Add the cubed butter and stir till it has melted into the sauce. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately poured over simple fish or boiled pasta. Garnish with thyme leaves.
1 medium-sized chicken
1 small white onion
5 sprigs of spring onions
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1/2 lime
2 garlic cloves
1 inch piece ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbs oil
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
50ml soya sauce
2 or 3 scotch bonnet chillies
1. First roughly chop the onion, ginger and garlic. Then blend together.
2. Now grate half the lime skin to create a zest & squeeze all the limes’ juice into the blender.
3. Finally add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a smooth paste. Marinate the chicken in this blend overnight. Roast in the oven when ready.
Ingredients: (for marinate)
1 whole medium chicken (legs tied and gutted with skin)
2 tbsp greek yogurt
2 tbsp tomatoe puree
2 tbsp Peri Peri cooking spice (panache or nandos marinade sauce)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp chicken spice (packet or jar)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp ground salt and pepper
1 tsp Aromat
Squirt of lemon juice
1 heaped tbsp ginger and garlic paste
Method (for marinade):
1. Make cuts into the chicken breast and any other meaty areas so to increase the surface area of the chicken. Mix all the ingredients above and slather all over the chicken including the inside.
2. Cover and put the chicken to marinate in the fridge at least overnight.
Ingredients (for roasting and basting):
50g butter (olive oil can be used for a healthier option)
Chopped red onions (optional)
Chopped sweet peppers (optional)
Chopped spring onions (optional)
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp peri peri spice
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
1/2 tsp of Nandos spice rub or lemon pepper
Sprinkle of dried herbs
Method (for roasting):
1. When ready to cook take out the marinated chicken from fridge and let it become room temperature whilst you make the basting sauce. Place it on a roasting tray and preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
2. (Basting sauce) Melt the butter in the microwave. Then add the rest of the spices above and mix together.
3. Cut the vegetables you would like to roast with the chicken and place them around the chicken. Now pour from a jug or use a brush to cover the chicken and the vegetables in the spiced butter. Sprinkle with dried herbs.
4. Place the chicken in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not cover. Make the spiced butter again and every 15 minutes to half an hour, take out the chicken and brush it over the whole chicken. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Nandos chicken rub on top each time.
5. Once the chicken appears crispy on the outer skin layer, check the inside with a knife and then leave to rest for about 10 mins with foil very loosely placed on it. Serve with chips and restaurant style lamb ribs.
Ready made puff pastry
Knob of butter/margerine x2
400g boneless chicken cubed finely
Small red and yellow sweet pepper cubed finely
2 sprigs worth of chopped spring onions
1 tsp crushed black pepper
(not finely grounded)
1tbs parsley flakes/freshly chopped parsley
1tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp worth of chopped mint
1tsp crushed green chillies
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp blended garlic & ginger paste
1. Melt butter in a pan and add chicken with the ginger and garlic paste, salt, chillies and all the dry spices including any dry herbs but not the fresh herbs yet. Let it cook uncovered, stirring occasionally till the chicken is cooked through
2. In a separate pan add another knob of butter and the peppers and spring onions. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and let it cook on low heat till softened.
3. Add the cooked peppers to the chicken and mix together. Now add all fresh mint and parsley (if adding).
4. Cut the rolled puff pastry into squares and then slice the squares to make two equally sized triangles. Place filling on one triangle covering the whole triangle and the place the other triangle on top. Place in a high heated I’ve on gas mark 6-7 and cook for twenty minutes maximum till pastry is cooked.
1 pineapple cut into small pieces
1 green pepper cut into julienne strips
1 red pepper cut into julienne strips
Carrots cut into julienne strips
1 onion sliced
Cucumber sliced (optional)
Ingredients: (Salad dressing)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar (less if you like)
1 tsp ground pepper
Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. For the sauce whisk together the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
3. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Toss in the chopped pineapples, peppers, onions and carrots or serve separately. Finally garnish with fresh coriander.
8-10 sausages or kebabs cut into chunks
Jar of pasta sauce (tomato and basil)
300g (1/2 -3/4) packet of pasta
Ginger and garlic paste
Green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
Freshly chopped parsley or coriander
Whole mozzarella cheese ball
Vegetables (optional – carrots, courgette or peppers)
1. In a pot fry the frozen or fresh sausages in oil for about 4-5 minutes until brown.
2. Now add the chopped onions to the oil and cook till softened. Add the jar of pasta sauce, 1/2 the jar full of water and all the spices. Simmer on low heat till bubbles. Then chopped parsley or coriander.
3. Boil pasta separately, then drain and add to the sauce. Mix together. Empty into a ovenproof dish.
4. Dot the sausage pasta with chunks of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some fresh basil. Grill for few minutes until cheese melts.
Note: For a healthier option cook the sausages or kebabs in the oven.
Ingredients (all fresh):
2inch piece of ginger
2 pieces of fresh garlic
Bunch of spring onions
Bunch of coriander leaves and stalks
1 green pepper
4 small new potatoes
2 handfuls sweetcorn
5 handfuls rice
1 tsp curry powder
1-2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Chop roughly and blend together the tomatoes, spring onions, coriander, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat a little butter or oil in a pot and add the blended ingredients. Add salt and spices and let it cook till mixture darkens slightly.
3. Then add finely chopped pepper, sweetcorn and cubed potatoes and cook till potatoes are 70% cooked.
4. Then add the washed rice and the same amount of water as there is rice plus a quarter more. Not too much. Taste and add salt if needed.
5. Let this cook on high heat for a few minutes and then on low heat for about 15 mins. Once cooked garnish with chopped herbsa and serve warm with mint chutney.
Handful of coriander
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
4 tsp tandoori powder
2-3 tsp cumin powder
Green chillies to taste
1-2 onions (diced and water squeezed)
1. Put the mince in a blender for a few minutes. Then add the spices and further blend.
2. Take out the meat and make into sausage shapes.
3. Then place on a baking tray with a less than a few tbsp of boiling water.
4. Cook in a preheates oven for 15-20 mins. Leave to cool.
5. When cool wrap in puff pastry and now they are freezer suitable or bake fresh.
500g chicken breast (cut into strips)
Salt to taste
Red chilli flakes/chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Nandos lemon & herb
1 tsp Nandos peri peri sauce
1 tsp Nandos garlic sauce
2-4 tbsp yoghurt
1. Marinate the chicken strips in the above ingredients and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. When ready to cook, add 2 tbsp butter to a frying pan, less than a 1/4 cup of water and you marinated stripa. Cook till chicken is cooked and the water has evaporated.