6-7 mini croissants/3-4 large croissants
1 mug milky hot chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Chocolate chips/white chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till it starts to turn golden and thick.
2. Meanwhile make the hot chocolate using only milk. As well as tear and place the croissants in a buttered oven-proof dish.
3. Once the caramel is formed from the sugar and water combination, take it off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute. Then add the hot chocolate whilst whisking continuously (expect it to act crazily).
4. Then place the pan back onto low heat and add the cream. Keep whisking till there are no more lumps.
5. Take the mixture and place into a bowl or dish and let it cool till its room temperature.
6. Then whisk in the two eggs till fully incorporated. Pour this caramel custard over the croissants evenly, trying to soak all the croissants. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.
7. Bake the pudding in a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or custard ornslathered in maple syrup.
Ingredients (for marinate):
1 whole medium chicken (legs tied and gutted with skin)
2 tbsp greek yogurt
2 tbsp tomatoe puree
2 tbsp Peri Peri cooking spice (panache or nandos marinade sauce)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp chicken spice (packet or jar)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp ground salt and pepper
1 tsp Aromat
Squirt of lemon juice
1 heaped tbsp ginger and garlic paste
Method (for marinade):
1. Make cuts into the chicken breast and any other meaty areas so to increase the surface area of the chicken. Mix all the ingredients above and slather all over the chicken including the inside.
2. Cover and put the chicken to marinate in the fridge at least overnight.
Ingredients (for roasting and basting):
50g butter (olive oil can be used for a healthier option)
Chopped red onions (optional)
Chopped sweet peppers (optional)
Chopped spring onions (optional)
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp peri peri spice
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
1/2 tsp of Nandos spice rub or lemon pepper
Sprinkle of dried herbs
Method (for roasting):
1. When ready to cook take out the marinated chicken from fridge and let it become room temperature whilst you make the basting sauce. Place it on a roasting tray and preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
2. (Basting sauce) Melt the butter in the microwave. Then add the rest of the spices above and mix together.
3. Cut the vegetables you would like to roast with the chicken and place them around the chicken. Now pour from a jug or use a brush to cover the chicken and the vegetables in the spiced butter. Sprinkle with dried herbs.
4. Place the chicken in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not cover. Make the spiced butter again and every 15 minutes to half an hour, take out the chicken and brush it over the whole chicken. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Nandos chicken rub on top each time.
5. Once the chicken appears crispy on the outer skin layer, check the inside with a knife and then leave to rest for about 10 mins with foil very loosely placed on it. Serve with chips and restaurant style lamb ribs.
Ready made puff pastry
2 knobs of butter/margerine
400g boneless chicken cubed finely
Small red and yellow sweet pepper cubed finely
2 shoots of spring onions chopped
1 tsp crushed black pepper
(not finely grounded)
1tbs parsley flakes/freshly chopped parsley
1tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp chopped mint
1tsp crushed green chillies
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp blended garlic & ginger paste
1. Melt butter in a pan and add chicken with the ginger and garlic paste, salt, chillies and all the dry spices including any dry herbs but not the fresh herbs yet. Let it cook uncovered, stirring occasionally till the chicken is cooked through
2. In a separate pan add another knob of butter and the peppers and spring onions. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and let it cook on low heat till softened.
3. Add the cooked peppers to the chicken and mix together. Now add all fresh mint and parsley (if adding).
4. Cut the rolled puff pastry into squares and then slice the squares to make two equally sized triangles. Place filling on one triangle covering the whole triangle and the place the other triangle on top. Place in a high heated I’ve on gas mark 6-7 and cook for twenty minutes maximum till pastry is cooked.
1 pineapple cut into small pieces
1 green pepper cut into julienne strips
1 red pepper cut into julienne strips
Carrots cut into julienne strips
1 onion sliced
Cucumber sliced (optional)
Ingredients: (Salad dressing)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar (less if you like)
1 tsp ground pepper
Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. For the sauce whisk together the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
3. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Toss in the chopped pineapples, peppers, onions and carrots or serve separately. Finally garnish with fresh coriander.
Ingredients (all fresh):
2inch piece of ginger
2 pieces of fresh garlic
Bunch of spring onions
Bunch of coriander leaves and stalks
1 green pepper
4 small new potatoes
2 handfuls sweetcorn
5 handfuls rice
1 tsp curry powder
1-2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Chop roughly and blend together the tomatoes, spring onions, coriander, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat a little butter or oil in a pot and add the blended ingredients. Add salt and spices and let it cook till mixture darkens slightly.
3. Then add finely chopped pepper, sweetcorn and cubed potatoes and cook till potatoes are 70% cooked.
4. Then add the washed rice and the same amount of water as there is rice plus a quarter more. Not too much. Taste and add salt if needed.
5. Let this cook on high heat for a few minutes and then on low heat for about 15 mins. Once cooked garnish with chopped herbs and serve warm with mint chutney.
Handful of coriander
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
4 tsp tandoori powder
2-3 tsp cumin powder
Green chillies to taste
1-2 onions (diced and water squeezed)
1. Put the mince in a blender for a few minutes. Then add the spices and further blend.
2. Take out the meat and make into sausage shapes.
3. Then place on a baking tray with a less than a few tbsp of boiling water.
4. Cook in a preheates oven for 15-20 mins. Leave to cool.
5. When cool wrap in puff pastry and now they are freezer suitable or bake fresh.
6 cups of milk
1 1/4 tsp falooda/agar agar powder
1 tin carnation milk
1 tin condensed milk
Ice cream essence
Ground almonds & pistachios (optional)
1. In a sauce pan add milk and ghas powder. Once the milk is warm add carnation milk. Keep stirring and bring to a boil.
2. Then add condensed milk. Add colour of your choice and essence.
3. Set in individual bowls or one big bowl. Leave in the fridge until set.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Ingredients (Kebab Tomatoe Gravy) :
5-10 sheesh kebabs (cooked & sliced)
Fresh red peppers diced
1 onion sliced
1/2 chopped tomato tin (blended)
3/4 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
Crushed ginger and garlic
Fresh green chillies to taste
Method (Kebab Tomatoe Gravy):
1. Soften the onions on oil th en add all the spices, green chillies, garlic and ginger as well as the tomatoe tin.
2. Spread pieces of the bread onto the bottom of a dish and sprinkle over half the red peppers and herbs (parsley and coriander).
3. Spread half the warm tomatoe gravy over it and then arrange the kebabs on top. Then pour the other half of the gravy on top.
Ingredients (Yogurt Sauce):
1/4-1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
Method (Yogurt Sauce):
1. Combine all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
2. Add the other half of the parsley, coriander and peppers to the kebabs. Then pour this on top of the kebabs and gravy.
Ingredients (Butter Sauce):
1 tbsp melted butter
1. Mix the butter sauce ingredients together and pour onto the kebabs, gravy and yogurt. Garnish with fresh chillies.
Love from Foodie Ayesha Kasu
Crushed garlic and ginger
Crushed green chillies
Red chilli powder
Flour seasoned w/ salt & pepper
Eggs seasoned w/ salt and green chillies
1. Marinate meat in the above ingredients overnight minus the eggs and flour.
2. Dip in seasoned flour then seasoned eggs and fry for 3-5 mins on each side.
Love From Foodie Zeynab Kalang
6oz caster sugar
8oz softened butter
Couple of drops vanilla extract/flavouring
10oz self raising flour
4oz porridge (more if you want)
Glacé Cherries (optional topping)
2 egg yolks
1. Pre-heat oven and line baking trays.
2. Mix butter, sugar and egg yolks.
3. Then add vanilla; then add flour. Beat to a soft dough and roll it in to small balls.
4. Dip each ball into oats, flatten a little and add cherries as a topping. Then bake for 20 minutes until golden and brown.
Love from Foodie Humairah Batan