(for 200g pasta or two medium fish steak pieces)
1/2 cup boiled water
1/2 cube chicken/vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tbsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp parsley flakes/finely chopped fresh parsley
1tsp chilli flakes
30g butter cubed
1. Place the olive oil in a pan, heat and add the minced garlic. Let it cook on a medium heat till the garlic turns medium brown. Stir occasionally to ensure the garlic cooks evenly and does not burn.
2. Meanwhile make the chicken or vegetable stock by stirring the stock cube into boiling water till it has totally dissolved.
3. Add the stock to the garlic once it has cooked. Now add the lemon juice, parsley, chilli flakes as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
4. Now let the sauce reduce on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the mixture looks thicker and has reduced by half at least.
5. Then take it off the heat and wait for about half a minute for the sauce to ‘calm down’. Add the cubed butter and stir till it has melted into the sauce. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately poured over simply cooked fish or boiled pasta. Garnish with thyme leaves.
8-10 sausages or kebabs cut into chunks
Jar of pasta sauce (tomato and basil)
300g (1/2 -3/4) packet of pasta
Ginger and garlic paste
Green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
Freshly chopped parsley or coriander
Whole mozzarella cheese ball
Vegetables (optional – carrots, courgette or peppers)
1. In a pot fry the frozen or fresh sausages in oil for about 4-5 minutes until brown.
2. Now add the chopped onions to the oil and cook till softened. Add the jar of pasta sauce, 1/2 the jar full of water and all the spices. Simmer on low heat till bubbles. Then chopped parsley or coriander.
3. Boil pasta separately, then drain and add to the sauce. Mix together. Empty into a ovenproof dish.
4. Dot the sausage pasta with chunks of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some fresh basil. Grill for few minutes until cheese melts.
Note: For a healthier option cook the sausages or kebabs in the oven.
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 large stem of leek
1 med courgette
1 large carrot
1 medium or large red onion
1 bottle lasagna sauce some Some tinned tomatoes
1. Brown some fresh garlic in oil.
2. Then add green chilies, coriander and cumin powder, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, black pepper and some mixed herbs. Cook for a few minutes.
3. Now add carrots and cook for 3/4 mins. Then add the courgette and let it cook for 8/10 mins. Then add the leeks and Sweetcorn and cook for few more minutes.
4. After this then add the pasta sauce, tomatoes, peppers and onions. Bring to a boil and simmer till oil evaporates.
5. Make a white sauce and layer the lasagna in a dish with the vegetable mixture.
Note: Chop the vegetables chunky to give it more texture.
4 tbsp butter
180 ml evaporated milk
1 tbsp hot sauce
1 tsp salt
Fresh grinded black pepper
1 tsp mustard
280g cheddar cheese grated
1. Boil 1 and 1/2 cup macaroni. Drain and return to pot.
2. Melt butter on top by tossing it to give it a coat.
3. Whisk eggs, evaporated milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into pasta and add cheese.
4. Stir over low heat for a few minutes until creamy.
Note: When reheating leftovers add a little whole milk to restore the creamyness
Crushed ginger and garlic
Salt to taste
Chunky cut carrots
Red chilli powder
1 tin baked beans
1 jar pasta sauce
Variety of pasta shapes
1. Chop onion and fry till soft. 2. Add diced chicken breast, salt, ginger and garlic. Let it cook
3. Add chunky carrots, peppers and courgettes and spices. Then add baked beans and a whole jar of pasta sauce. Let it cook.
4. Meanwhile boil pasta shapes for 7 minutes or so and drain once cooked.
5. Add pasta to the baked bean and tomatoe sauce. You can also add some philadelphia cheese.
6. Make a white cheese sauce. 7. Put one layer of pasta at the bottom of a dish, top with cheese sauce, cheese, then pasta again, cheese sauce, cheese and sprinkle with mix herbs.
250g pasta boiled
1 med onion finely chopped
1 punnet mushrooms
¾ cup mix veg
1tbs ground garlic
1tbs green masala
1tbs Aromat (optional)
¼ tsp white pepper,
1 packet Knorr cheese pasta sauce
1 packet Knorr pasta mushroom sauce
1 cup fresh cream
½ cup water
½ cup grated cheese
1. Boil pasta and keep aside.
2. Braise onions in butter with garlic and all spices. Mix well.
3. Add mushrooms and vegetables and cook.
4. Mix sauces in water to form paste. Add to veg and add fresh cream. Let it simmer.
5. Toss in pasta and mix well. 6. Place mixture in casserole dish, sprinkle cheese over and warm in oven till cheese melts over.
1 lbs mince
680ml pasta sauce
1 large onion
Crushed ginger and garlic
Green chilli to taste
1tbs cumin and coriander powder
Veggie seasoning (clubhouse)
1 cup water
1. On a medium heat – braise onions in olive oil with whole cumin in a pot for 5 minutes. Then add the ginger and garlic along with the cumin and coriander powder.
2. Add two large spoons of pasta sauce to the pot and mix. Then throw in washed and drained mince. Mix and let it brown.
3. Add chopped green peppers, mushrooms and any other veggies you may like but not too many as there should be more meat.
4. Once mince is cooked, add the rest of the pasta sauce. Add two tbs of veggie seasoning and simmer on low to medium heat until it’s bright red.
5. Then add chopped mint leaves and coriander.
6. Now arrange your lasagna sheets and mixture and bake.
Chicken breast cubed
1. In a pot lightly cook spring onions in oil.
2. Add chicken and the green chillies, crushed garlic, cumin powder and salt. Mix till the spices and chicken are well incorporated.
3. Add sweetcorn and cubed green peppers and let it the chicken and vegetables cook.
4. Meanwhile in a separate pot boil the tagliatelle pasta with salt on a medium heat for eight minutes.
5. Once chicken and the pasta are cooked; drain the pasta and add to the chicken.
6. Lower the heat, add single cream and stir.
Serve with cheese and black pepper sprinkled on top.