Ingredients for butter filling:
50 – 100g butter
1 onion diced
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
6-8 potatos sliced and par boiled
Method for butter filling:
1. Melt butter in a pan and add onions. Cook till soft.
2. Then add the milk, salt, pepper and par boiled potatoes. Mix together.
3. Place the filling in a dish. Cover with shortcrust pastry. Bake in the oven.
Ingredients for shortcrust pastry:
100g plain flour
50g butter or margerine
Method for shortcrust pastry:
1. Rub butter and flour together.
2. Slowly add a few tablespoons of water till it forms into a dough.
Love from Foodie Zaynab Kalang
1 chicken breast (large pieces)
1/2 green pepper (tiny pieces)
1/2 red pepper (tiny pieces)
Handful chopped coriander
2 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 veg oxo stock cubes
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp crushed ginger and garlic
1/2 tsp crushed green chillies
1. Boil chicken cubes in water. Once cooked remove chicken let it cool and them tear it into small pieces. Do not discard the chicken stock water.
2. In a pan add a little oil and soften the peppers. Then add the garlic, ginger and chillies. Cook for a little while.
3. Then add the teared chicken.
4. In a seperate pan water add the stock cubes to some water and dissolve fully. Then add to the chicken and pepper mix.
5. After this add the vinegar, soy sauce and some corn flour to thicken.
Serve with warm petite pain bread.
Love from Foodie Shereen Bham
1 large leek
3 large carrots
1 medium onion
1 spring onion
4-5 bay leaves
1 1/2 tsp dry or fresh basil
1 tsp dry mixed herbs
Pinch of red chilli powder
Handful of soup pasta
2-3 tbsp oil
2 stock cubes
1. Chop the onions, spring onion and leeks. Fry in oil for a few minutes till soft.
2. Then add all herbs and stock cubes. Mix together.
3. Chop the rest of the vegetables chunky. Add the potatoes, carrots, pasta and 1 1/2 pint boiling water to the mixture. Leave to simmee simmer till vegetables and pasta cooks and the soup becomes thick.
Serve with garlic bread or fresh bread.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji