Ingredients for filling:
Punnet of plums
Zest of an orange
Juuce of an orange
2 large tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp mixed spice/ cinnamon powder
Method for filling:
1. Peel the apples and pears, core the plums and chop into pieces.
2. Add all the ingredients and the chopped fruit to a heavy bottomed pan and cook for half an hour. It will become a fruit compote that tastes like marmalade.
Ingredients of crumble mix:
5oz plain flour
4oz butter (salted)
4oz sugar/brown sugar
1oz/15 ground almonds (not too fine)
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Rub together using your fingertips until fully incorporated.
2. Place the filling in a oven – proof dish and sprinkle crumble over it.
3. Bake in oven at 150 degrees for 35 mins.
Serve warm with cream or custard or ice cream.
Love from Foodie Mariam Kika
5/6 apples peeled, cored and meduim sliced.
1 cup sugar (more if pu like it sweeter)
1-2 stick cinnamon
1/4inch ginger (more if u like)
Splash of lemon juice
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1. Put the first 6 ingredients in a pan cover with little bit water and simmer till apples are transparent. Be sure to stir at intervals or else it will stick.
2. Take out the ginger and cinnamon and put the apples in serving dish.
3. For the topping rub flour butter and sugar together with fingers to form a breadcrumb like crumbly topping. Sprinkle onto apples. 4. Bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 6 for 20/30 mins.
Note: Use a fork or your finger to create a design on the top of the crumble.
Love from Foodie Nasreen Bhayat
4 cooking apples
2 tbsp (or more) sugar
Pinch if cinnamon
4oz plain flour
1. Peel and dice apples and cook with the lemon juice, 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon till they become soft.
2. Rub butter into flour to form breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and oats.
3. Place apples in a baking dish and sprinkle crumble topping on top.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40mins at 180°C. Serve warm with custard or cream.
Love from Foodie Zaynab Kalang