Ingredients for filling:
Punnet of plums
Zest of an orange
Juuce of an orange
2 large tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp mixed spice/ cinnamon powder
Method for filling:
1. Peel the apples and pears, core the plums and chop into pieces.
2. Add all the ingredients and the chopped fruit to a heavy bottomed pan and cook for half an hour. It will become a fruit compote that tastes like marmalade.
Ingredients of crumble mix:
5oz plain flour
4oz butter (salted)
4oz sugar/brown sugar
1oz/15 ground almonds (not too fine)
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Rub together using your fingertips until fully incorporated.
2. Place the filling in a oven – proof dish and sprinkle crumble over it.
3. Bake in oven at 150 degrees for 35 mins.
Serve warm with cream or custard or ice cream.
Love from Foodie Mariam Kika