Half kg lamb ribs/chops
2 tbsp mayo
1 tbs each soya sauce, vinegar and lemon juice
2 tsp/1 heaped tbsp Aminas steak and chops masala
1 tsp lemon pepper
3 tsp coriander and cumin powder
1 heaped tbsp ginger garlic crushed
1 heaped tbsp of chopped fresh coriander and stems
1 tbsp yogurt
Green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients and slather all over the meat. Then marinade over night.
2. Wrap the ribs or chops in foil and place on a baking tray. Add a another layer of foil over the tray. Then let it cook in a preheated oven at gas mark 6 for 2-3 hours till well cooked.
3. Once cooked, let it rest for 15 minutes and serve with roasted potatoes, yorkshire puddings and salad.
Ingredients for chops:
2 tsp crushed garlic & ginger
2 tsp cumin & coriander powder
2 tsp tandoori powder
1 tsp piri powder
salt and pepper
Method for Chops:
1. Marinate the chops in all the above ingredients.
2. Shallow fry for 2-3 mins on each side to seal the flavour.
3. Then place the chops in a baking tray and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for one hour at 180°C.
Oil from frying the chops
1 OXO vegetable stock cube
Red chilli flakes
1 cup water
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add all the ingredients together and blend using a electric blender.
Serve with potatoes and vegetables.
Love from Foodie Zaynab Kalang