200g chocolate (any of your choice; white/milk/dark)
250g double cream
2 egg whites
400g large strawberries
4 tbsp sugar
Mint leaves or sprinkles for deco
1. Clean, slice and wash the strawberries.
2. Squash about 75g worth of strawberries in each of your six dessert bowls/ramekins/glasses.
3. Mix some icing sugar into each glass according to the sweetness of the strawberries. Not too sweet as the mousse also has sugar in it.
4. Now break the chocolate into pieces and and place over boiling water to melt.
5. Once majority has melted, add ONLY around 100g of the double cream. Stir till the chocolate has fully melted. Then place it in the fridge to cool down totally.
6. Whip up the rest of your double cream till it appears to have soft peaks.
7. Then add the egg whites and whip till white. Add one spoon of sugar at a time, whilst continuing to whisk until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
8. Once the melted chocolate has totally cooled down in the fridge, fold it into the whipped mixture with a light hand to create the mousse. Gently stir it a little so the dark and light colours combine to create a marble effect.
9. Spoon over the strawberries. Roughly three large tablespoons of mouse per a glass.
10. Leave to chill overnight in fridge. Garnish with chocolate sauce and mint leaves or sprinkles.