1 tbsp ground peanut
1 tbsp white poppy seeds (Khus khus)
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tspn chilli powder
2 fresh tomatoes
1 chicken cut into pieces
2 & 1/4 tbsp crushed ginger
1 & 1/4 tbsp crushed garlic
1 & 1/8 tbsp green chillies
3 glasses water
1 tin coconut milk
1/4 piece of coconut cream block
1tbsp chickpea flour
2 tsp crushed red chillies
1. Make a paste with the first 5 ingredients on the list till tomatoes using a mini blender.
2. Warm a little oil and add the chicken. Allow to cook till most of the water is burnt away but leave a little so not totally dry.
3. Add salt to taste, ginger, garlic, green chillies and the blended paste. Allow to cook.
4. Then add 3 glasses water and cook on med heat.
5. Once half the water is burnt away mix in a paste created from the tin of coconut milk, coconut cream, flour and water. Allow to cook.
6. In a seperate pan add 1 sliced clove of garlic cut when golden do not use. But add the red crushed chillies and mix thoroughly. Then add this to chicken mix.
7 . boil the spaghetti in water. Drain and add to the chicken mix. Combine it all together. Garnish with coriander. Serve with red onions and fried and flaked filo pastry (samosa par).
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan