Chinese 5 Spice
Crushed ginger and garlic
One stock cube
1. Peel, deseed and chop the butternut squash into big chunks. Chop the carrots and peppers also and spread it all on a roasting tray. Season with salt and black pepper, a pinch of Chinese 5 spice, a few tablespoons of olive oil and let it roast in a preheated oven at gas mark 6 for 30-45min.
2. In a pot add chopped onions and olive oil and fry till onions are soft.
3. Then add a big pinch of chilli flakes (more if you like it spicier) and 1tsp of crushed garlic, a couple of chicken/veg stock cubes and boiling water. Mix till the stock cubes dissolve.
3. Add the roasted butternut squash, carrots and peppers to the pan and simmer for 20min.
4. Then blend the mixture with a hand blender till you get a smooth soup-like consistency. Adjust the salt according to taste.
5. Add a few tablespoons of cream and mix.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji