1 1/2 pound meat/chicken.
1 tbsp crushed garlic and ginger
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of critic acid
Couple of drops of lemon juice
1 medium finely chopped onion
2-3 level tbsp plain flour
1/4 -1/2 pk Shan Nihari curry mix pk (use less if want a milder taste)
1. Fry onions in a pot using oil till golden. Then add meat and all the above ingredients except the flour.
2. Them add 2pints of boiling water and let it simmer till meat is cooked. Meat can be cooked in a pressure cooker before hand.
3. Dissolve flour in 3 cups of water and mix till there are no lumps.
3. Gradually pour this into the pot and stir as you pour.
4. Simmer the nihari for 39 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander. Serve with buns, fried onions and sliced lemon.
Love from Foodie Aiysha Haji