1lb lamb meat
3 crushed cubes green chillies
2 cubes of garlic paste
1 cube ginger paste
2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
1 tsp whole cumin
3 tsp coriander powder
3 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 large tomatoes
1.5 large carrot
1/2 cup ready fried onions
2.5 cups rice
1. Marinate meat over night in all the spices apart from garam masala.
2. Fry onions in oil and leave aside.
3. Cook meat in some oil till nearly done. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till oil bubbles form on top.
4. Then add half the grated carrots and cook through for a few minutes. Once slightly cooled add garam masala and fresh coriander.
5. Boil rice and just before draining add the remaining grated carrots and drain.
6. Layer the dish as you would for biryani; rice, meat, masala, fried onions and rice again. Place a tight lid over the pot and steam till cooked through.
Love from Foodie Afifa Batan
Tastes lovely with chicken aswell x