Ingredients (for 200g pasta or two medium fish steak pieces):
1/2 cup boiled water
1/2 cube chicken/vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tbsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp parsley flakes/finely chopped fresh parsley
1tsp chilli flakes
30g butter cubed
1. Place the olive oil in a pan, heat and add the minced garlic. Let it cook on a medium heat till the garlic turns medium brown. Stir occasionally to ensure the garlic cooks evenly and does not burn.
2. Meanwhile make the chicken or vegetable stock by stirring the stock cube into boiling water till it has totally dissolved.
3. Add the stock to the garlic once it has cooked. Now add the lemon juice, parsley, chilli flakes as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
4. Now let the sauce reduce on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the mixture looks thicker and has reduced by half at least.
5. Then take it off the heat and wait for about half a minute for the sauce to ‘calm down’. Add the cubed butter and stir till it has melted into the sauce. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately poured over simple fish or boiled pasta. Garnish with thyme leaves.
Love From Foodie Khuzzy B